Mel Kiper Mocks — 1.0 DT Rashan Gary 2.0 DK Metcalf

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Still not as bad as missing out on a Hall of Fame player Because you were trying to fill an immediate need.  I wonder how many teams regret drafting Rodgers with hindsight.

That would be 23 teams that regret NOT drafting him. If memory serves. And I'm sure at least 5 of the 11 that didn't draft Sapp regret it. Pretty sure there was something about a positive pot test, could have been something else. 

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Isn’t that kind of the point though on why a mock right now is mostly worthless?  

Hurst's situation is pretty rare. I don't know that the mocks are worthless just because circumstances change. If it's done well it still provides insight into pieces that teams across the league need and can generally give casual fans an idea of when they can expect a player's name to be announced.

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Bills strategy is to sign and draft only players whose last name is Williams.

New regime, new strategy. We now draft only players named Josh Allen with our first pick. After that, BPA.

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 1

For those complaining about mock drafts ...

they are simply a discussion point, especially in January. This is also version 1.0, it will change several times - after FA, after the combine, etc.  it is one of many. They obviously evolve from now until April. They aren’t intended to always be “right” - everyone is just guessing. Some find that to be fun exercise.  Also, no need to take it so seriously, it’s just a discussion point to see what the draft analysts think about the players and the team needs. Some people aren’t into CFB and don’t know a lot about the players, this is a way to dive into draft season and discuss them. 

If you hate mock drafts, or the person who did the mock draft, simply don’t click on the thread just to say they suck or he sucks. Both are in the thread title to let you know what it’s about. Respectfully? It’s draft season and that means mock draft season . Just move on if you don’t want to discuss the mock draft in the title instead of complaining that people are discussing the mock draft in the thread. Please and thank you. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 6

22 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Hurst's situation is pretty rare. I don't know that the mocks are worthless just because circumstances change. If it's done well it still provides insight into pieces that teams across the league need and can generally give casual fans an idea of when they can expect a player's name to be announced.

I get that, but Kiper is also especially bad at that and even worse this early in the process.  He’s a blow hard who pushes his ideas that are almost always wrong.  

Case in point, two guys he had is taking went 30th and 5th round.  And while Hurst going 5th round due to a medical issue discovered during combine is a rare occurrence that made the discrepancy so big, it’s also evidence of why pre combine mocks have little reliable info.  

I will also admit I find anything from Kiper as worthless, so I have a negative biased about anything he says out the gate.  He’s a blow hard who is wrong like 95% of the time on everyone and everything but gets paid a ton to keep blowing, hard.  Lol

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I get that, but Kiper is also especially bad at that and even worse this early in the process.  He’s a blow hard who pushes his ideas that are almost always wrong.  

Case in point, two guys he had is taking went 30th and 5th round.  And while Hurst going 5th round due to a medical issue discovered during combine is a rare occurrence that made the discrepancy so big, it’s also evidence of why pre combine mocks have little reliable info.  

I will also admit I find anything from Kiper as worthless, so I have a negative biased about anything he says out the gate.  He’s a blow hard who is wrong like 95% of the time on everyone and everything but gets paid a ton to keep blowing, hard.  Lol

I forget where I read it, but none of these guys have any idea what they are doing.  Teams actually have their draft boards put together prior to the Senior Bowl.  What is really happening is teams are using the Senior Bowl and Combine to confirm what they thought they already knew.  So long as there are no serious injuries or personal issues guys stay pat.  Teams only move off a guy if there is something seriously wrong.  On the other hand, no body is "rising" because he ran a really fast 40 at the combine or benched a ton of reps.   

What is really happening when guys "rise" or "fall" is the draft "experts" are starting to pick up on what teams are thinking.  The combine is important because that is when the draft experts start getting inside info into what is going on inside the team organizations, due in part to the massive media-scouting exposure.  Thats why the mocks change so radically.  

The whole thing is a massive racket.  It only works because fans are football starved and are looking for any drama they can get.  

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He's a celebrity.

Maybe you should go back and ask your teacher at recess what the purpose of TV and radio and internet stuff is....

11 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I forget where I read it, but none of these guys have any idea what they are doing.  Teams actually have their draft boards put together prior to the Senior Bowl.  What is really happening is teams are using the Senior Bowl and Combine to confirm what they thought they already knew.  So long as there are no serious injuries or personal issues guys stay pat.  Teams only move off a guy if there is something seriously wrong.  On the other hand, no body is "rising" because he ran a really fast 40 at the combine or benched a ton of reps.   

What is really happening when guys "rise" or "fall" is the draft "experts" are starting to pick up on what teams are thinking.  The combine is important because that is when the draft experts start getting inside info into what is going on inside the team organizations, due in part to the massive media-scouting exposure.  Thats why the mocks change so radically.  

The whole thing is a massive racket.  It only works because fans are football starved and are looking for any drama they can get.  

This I certainly agree with, good point and post

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

He's a celebrity.

Maybe you should go back and ask your teacher at recess what the purpose of TV and radio and internet stuff is....

Maybe we should ask society why we make morons with no intelligence, skills or abilities into celebrities and Presidents ;) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

As I mentioned before, mock drafts are simply a discussion point about the draft, players, and teams. They don’t need to be “right” or “wrong” and don’t need to be taken as seriously as some seem to take them. It’s ok to just talk about the player mocked to the Bills and have fun with it. 

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Maybe we should ask society why we make morons with no intelligence, skills or abilities into celebrities and Presidents ;) 

i will carry on and live my life as best i can, it going pretty good

a part of it is amusement on here, people who rage in bitterness on here are the most amusing

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

I know this is a top heavy defensive player draft and best player available mindsets  ... but our defense was #2 in YPG allowed with for the year.  Now I love Kyle W and he will be missed ... but the needs are on offense .. so if can't trade down .. then overspend the pick on OL player ... where we did good in not allowing yards ..we we're 3rd from the bottom in total yards offensively .... attack the need please in 2019 draft and free agency ... help our QB

Preach the good word.  Hopefully they have on OL head and shoulders above the rest.  Theres plenty of talent in FA too

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i will carry on and live my life as best i can, it going pretty good

a part of it is amusement on here, people who rage in bitterness on here are the most amusing

Lol, says the guy on an internet message board complaining about (non public figures) posters comments ;)

Ya know, it’s possible to live a great life and also have opinions right?  

All good...live your life as will the rest of us.  I am blessed with one I particularly love as well.  Doesn’t make me think Kiper is good at what he does though ;) 

as i kinda have a life and don't sweat lottery numbers that I'm not playing

the Kiper List is fine by me, it tells me who is the most likely to go early in the draft and what stories are developing

i really don't care about potential picks and ones that were not made

the real picks made are excruciating enough with this franchise

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For those complaining about mock drafts ...

they are simply a discussion point, especially in January. This is also version 1.0, it will change several times - after FA, after the combine, etc.  it is one of many. They obviously evolve from now until April. They aren’t intended to always be “right” - everyone is just guessing. Some find that to be fun exercise.  Also, no need to take it so seriously, it’s just a discussion point to see what the draft analysts think about the players and the team needs. Some people aren’t into CFB and don’t know a lot about the players, this is a way to dive into draft season and discuss them. 

If you hate mock drafts, or the person who did the mock draft, simply don’t click on the thread just to say they suck or he sucks. Both are in the thread title to let you know what it’s about. Respectfully? It’s draft season and that means mock draft season . Just move on if you don’t want to discuss the mock draft in the title instead of complaining that people are discussing the mock draft in the thread. Please and thank you. 

Well said. 

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As I mentioned before, mock drafts are simply a discussion point about the draft, players, and teams. They don’t need to be “right” or “wrong” and don’t need to be taken as seriously as some seem to take them. It’s ok to just talk about the player mocked to the Bills and have fun with it. 

I am all about it.  And I don't care about who is mocked to the bills.  I am neither excited nor elated.  I love just talking about who we may draft.  

But that doesn't mean people shouldn't know what they are getting into.