Redskins may want to trade up for QB - targeting Haskins

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think it's "may" personally. Living in the DC area, I think it's pretty obvious just based on the attitudes around here that the Redskins will likely be extremely desperate to make a splash of some sort, whether that's trading for a guy like Antonio Brown or, more likely IMO, trying to move up to take Haskins, who brings triple value to the Redskins as:

1. A legitimately good QB prospect (even if I think he's overrated)
  2. A cheap QB while they're stuck paying Alex Smith to not play football
  3. A local kid that can excite the fan base

Kyler Murray could be an option for them as well as he would undoubtedly bring excitement to the team, but I'm not sure they'll want to go that route after watching RGIII's leg fall off.

Quadruple value, actually, if you believe that their division rival covets him...

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Bills trade 9th overall pick to the Redskins for the 15th and 46th picks...

Bills trade 15th overall pick to Raiders for 24th, 27th and 66th picks...

Bills now own two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, two 3rd round picks, two 4th round picks and two 5th round picks

The 15th overall pick is not worth 2 first and a third

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

I really don’t think McBeane is afraid of the Fire Everyone crowd on TBD. I’ve said elsewhere I would not be at all surprised to see them add picks for next year if the value is there. Unless you’re afraid of losing your job, you do what’s best long term. I think they are comfortable enough to be open to picks next year. 

I think if they trade down the ammo they get will be used to move back into the first and latter they will move back into the second.

35 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think we may ultimately see 4 QBs in the first round again this year honestly. Wouldn't be shocked at all if all of Haskins, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, and Drew Lock go in the first. Should be interesting; seems like teams are much higher on Haskins than I personally am, but I think I'm higher on Jones and Lock than most are.

I agree, the QB derby always heats up after the combine. As mentioned by the OP Redskins would be good if we can good compensation because an impact player would still be available at 15. Also, somebody might want to move up in the 2nd round so the bills might be able to make a good move there.

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think if they trade down the ammo they get will be used to move back into the first and latter they will move back into the second.

Anything could happen. But getting picks for next year wouldn’t upset me if there’s value. I hope they are not just one trick ponies who only move up, but while it may feel that way after last year early, that’s not always been the case, so.....who knows? 

I just pray we have the smartest scouts in the league! They looked pretty good last year. There are good players in EVERY round, if you are smart and a bit lucky. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills are in a great position to trade down, if they are willing to drop out of the top 10

Asside from a few elite DTs and edge rushers there are not a lot of prospects I can see Beane coveting so much he wouldn't move down a few spots.  If the Bills are interested in a defensive tackle, Christian Wilkins and/or Jeffery Simmons have a good chance of being available.  If they want a WR, DK Metcalfor N'Keal Harry are possibilities.  If they want an offensive lineman, Cody Ford or David Edwards may be on the board.  There is nothing so special about Jonah Williams or Greg Little that they are worth holding on to #9 overall.   What kind of compensation in extra picks could we expect from a moive down 6 places?  What does Washington have to bargain with?

From 10 on I could see a bunch of teams want to get ahead of Denver to snitch a QB, including Denver moving up a spot.

Denver

Cincy

Washington

Miami

Minnesota

Bills are in a great spot to move down just slightly but gain a 2nd/3rd this year and a 5th at worst.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

We need the best OT possible.  Whether we move up or down.

Please no more trading up.  We did it twice last year and it cost.  Alot

Should never be trading up unless it's for a franchise qb or is just a great price

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is, compared to last year. But, still some good prospects and more importantly, QB needy teams who didn’t pull the trigger last year

..thanks bud.....don't get to see college ball, but is this a 2011 remake of Locker, Ponder & Gabbert types?......or shades of 2013?.....

2 hours ago, transient said:

I want Beane to get the most absolute value he can out of this top 10 pick, whether that's landing a blue chip player or swindling some extra picks.  It gonna be the last top 10 pick he's going to get for a while without having to trade up for it.  :flirt:

This is where I am, too. Somebody really good is going to fall to them. Happens every year.

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thank you...appreciate the help..........:thumbsup:

I watch a lot of CFB but I’m definitely no scout. I don’t see it like 2013 because only one went in the 1st and that wasn’t until 16. I absolutely cannot see that happening this year. In 2011 there were several taken early, some didn’t pan out - but Cam went #1 overall. I don’t see a Cam newton but i see 2-3 future starters. Jmo. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

9 and a 4th for 15, their 2nd and one of their 3rds is a deal that I’d do in a heartbeat. This would give the Bills 5 players before the end of day 2. 

Kirby, You are getting greedy. I don't see the Skins making that move. If there was an elite qb prospect then your proposal might make sense. But I don't see that caliber of qb in this draft. 

There is a chance that Alex Smith's career might be in jeopardy. If that was the case I would think that they would go the free agent route for a qb and then use their picks to address their other multiple needs. 

The owner has become a pariah in his own market because of the incompetent manner he has managed the operation. This franchise has literally lost a generation of fans. The problem with him is that he is constantly taking a marketing approach when running the football operation. That is a predictable failed strategy in this highly competitive business. He is currently reaping what he has so arrogantly sowed. The fans are tired of this systemic mediocrity and are responding with their indifference.