Redskins may want to trade up for QB - targeting Haskins

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Move UP for LT??

Yikes.  Anyway, move down and let the Redskin blow the pick on a tiny QB who will leave them to play baseball.

Nah, want that tiny QB to be gone and want the Redskins to freak out and overpay for Blaine Gabbert 2.0 or  homeless man's version of Matt Ryan from Duke.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think it's "may" personally. Living in the DC area, I think it's pretty obvious just based on the attitudes around here that the Redskins will likely be extremely desperate to make a splash of some sort, whether that's trading for a guy like Antonio Brown or, more likely IMO, trying to move up to take Haskins, who brings triple value to the Redskins as:

1. A legitimately good QB prospect (even if I think he's overrated)
  2. A cheap QB while they're stuck paying Alex Smith to not play football
  3. A local kid that can excite the fan base

Kyler Murray could be an option for them as well as he would undoubtedly bring excitement to the team, but I'm not sure they'll want to go that route after watching RGIII's leg fall off.

Not sure Redskins fans will want to watch their team trade up for a QB again and mortgage their next three years. Not a comment on RGIII but I'd be curious what they would have to give up here to even go for it. 

That being said, I don't see how any of the QBs are actual first round grades in this draft beyond the position they play...but at least one maybe two will likely go in the first just for that reason alone. Is Alex Smith done for good? I get it's doubtful he comes back, but I feel like them trading up this year is dependent on FA and Smith's med status. 

Edited by ctk232

I want Beane to get the most absolute value he can out of this top 10 pick, whether that's landing a blue chip player or swindling some extra picks.  It’s gonna be the last top 10 pick he's going to get for a while without having to trade up for it.  :flirt:

Edited by transient
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Would love to see Denver trade up to 9 with Buffalo, to secure a QB.  It has happened before, where a team just moves up 1 spot because another team may trade to that spot and take their guy.  Then Buffalo could trade down from 10 to 20 or so.  They could use their extra picks to move up in any round they wanted.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills sit one spot ahead of Denver 

Great news the pick may be marketable. We’ve seen this front office can find solid starters in the late half of the first round.  

11 minutes ago, transient said:

I want Beane to get the most absolute value he can out of this top 10 pick, whether that's landing a blue chip player or swindling some extra picks.  It gonna be the last top 10 pick he's going to get for a while without having to trade up for it.  :flirt:

Hope so

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Bills trade 9th overall pick to the Redskins for the 15th and 46th picks...

Bills trade 15th overall pick to Raiders for 24th, 27th and 66th picks...

Bills now own two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, two 3rd round picks, two 4th round picks and two 5th round picks

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Not sure Redskins fans will want to watch their team trade up for a QB again and mortgage their next three years. Not a comment on RGIII but I'd be curious what they would have to give up here to even go for it. 

That being said, I don't see how any of the QBs are actual first round grades in this draft beyond the position they play...but at least one maybe two will likely go in the first just for that reason alone. Is Alex Smith done for good? I get it's doubtful he comes back, but I feel like them trading up this year is dependent on FA and Smith's med status. 

I think we may ultimately see 4 QBs in the first round again this year honestly. Wouldn't be shocked at all if all of Haskins, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, and Drew Lock go in the first. Should be interesting; seems like teams are much higher on Haskins than I personally am, but I think I'm higher on Jones and Lock than most are.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think Washington is our best possible trade partner.  1) It allows us to move down and accumulate assets while still being in potential blue chip territory and 2) it would mean multiple QBs are gone before we pick.

If the Giants or Jags are sold on Haskins or Murray, I have a real hard time believing they won't move up to 1 or 2.  The Cardinals basically said the pick is on the block the moment the season ended, they need a lot and they know it.  But if Washington (or even Miami, though a in division trade seems less likely) wants to get Haskins / Murray, they might run into what we were rumored to be up against last year with the Giants, ie a team at the top not wanting to go all the way down to 15, which could allow us to be an intermediary.  

IMO best case scenario is Haskins / Murray go top 7, Washington moves with us at 9 to get Lock or Jones.  Denver or Miami take whoever is left.  We pick at 15, pick up either a 2nd or a 1st next year with 4 of the first 14 picks being QBs.  That potentially leaves us looking at someone like Oliver / Jonah Williams / Devin White etc at 15.

I really don’t think McBeane is afraid of the Fire Everyone crowd on TBD. I’ve said elsewhere I would not be at all surprised to see them add picks for next year if the value is there. Unless you’re afraid of losing your job, you do what’s best long term. I think they are comfortable enough to be open to picks next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Redskins may well be looking at Kyler Murray, especially given Snyder's proclivity to make a splash.  Will he be available at 9 is the question.

He can play for the nationals too, why not. Actually they would probably never want to share the splash. 

10 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think we may ultimately see 4 QBs in the first round again this year honestly. Wouldn't be shocked at all if all of Haskins, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, and Drew Lock go in the first. Should be interesting; seems like teams are much higher on Haskins than I personally am, but I think I'm higher on Jones and Lock than most are.

I could see the potential for that depending on how FA shakes out with a couple teams. Not sure what's happening with Foles and Flacco, but could think of a couple teams named the Jags and Phish that might make a play at either.

I just think that the BPA talent is so heavily defensive leaning for the top 32 that I don't know if any teams are willing to forego specific talent to reach for a QB not necessarily graded for the first round overall in the pool. Much less the equivalent of a round 1 QB comparable to most other years. All four will go, but don't be surprised to see one or two drop beyond the first - the hype on Haskins and Murray might be enough to ink them a first round consideration though, despite my personal disagreement with that. :)

That being said, totally wouldn't mind seeing all four of them go in the first 8 picks and watching the likes of Greedy or Allen fall to us...

• Like (+1) 1