Redskins may want to trade up for QB - targeting Haskins

YoloinOhio

I don't think it's "may" personally. Living in the DC area, I think it's pretty obvious just based on the attitudes around here that the Redskins will likely be extremely desperate to make a splash of some sort, whether that's trading for a guy like Antonio Brown or, more likely IMO, trying to move up to take Haskins, who brings triple value to the Redskins as:

1. A legitimately good QB prospect (even if I think he's overrated)
  2. A cheap QB while they're stuck paying Alex Smith to not play football
  3. A local kid that can excite the fan base

Kyler Murray could be an option for them as well as he would undoubtedly bring excitement to the team, but I'm not sure they'll want to go that route after watching RGIII's leg fall off.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2

That's a deal I'd take. There'll still be a quality player at 15 available that will fill a real need. I'm not sure that the Redskins will be comfortable just being one spot above Denver unless they are willing to gamble and wait till draft day and we are on the board. Honestly I think they'll try and do something similar to what the Jets did last year and get a top 3 pick locked in. That way they also get ahead of the Giants and Jags (and Bucs who might go QB as well)

• Like (+1) 1

In a few mocks they have them trading up.  It got me wondering how many QBs will go in the top 10?  I think CBS' new mock has 2, but then 2 more after #9.  The more demand for QBs, the better for the Bills.  Either someone is willing to trade for #9, or it will push other high quality players available at their pick.

• Like (+1) 2

I think Washington is our best possible trade partner.  1) It allows us to move down and accumulate assets while still being in potential blue chip territory and 2) it would mean multiple QBs are gone before we pick.

If the Giants or Jags are sold on Haskins or Murray, I have a real hard time believing they won't move up to 1 or 2.  The Cardinals basically said the pick is on the block the moment the season ended, they need a lot and they know it.  But if Washington (or even Miami, though a in division trade seems less likely) wants to get Haskins / Murray, they might run into what we were rumored to be up against last year with the Giants, ie a team at the top not wanting to go all the way down to 15, which could allow us to be an intermediary.  

IMO best case scenario is Haskins / Murray go top 7, Washington moves with us at 9 to get Lock or Jones.  Denver or Miami take whoever is left.  We pick at 15, pick up either a 2nd or a 1st next year with 4 of the first 14 picks being QBs.  That potentially leaves us looking at someone like Oliver / Jonah Williams / Devin White etc at 15.

• Like (+1) 1