Redskins may want to trade up for QB - targeting Haskins

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

Brilliant if you don't give up too much for a Joe Thomas, not so much for an Eric Fisher.

Either

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

There are six teams in front of the Bills that probably won't be drafting QBs (AZ, NYJ, SF, Raiders, TB, and Detroit), so I wouldn't get too excited here.

Only if the Raiders, TB and Detroit are waiting for 2020....

6 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think it's "may" personally. Living in the DC area, I think it's pretty obvious just based on the attitudes around here that the Redskins will likely be extremely desperate to make a splash of some sort, whether that's trading for a guy like Antonio Brown or, more likely IMO, trying to move up to take Haskins, who brings triple value to the Redskins as:

1. A legitimately good QB prospect (even if I think he's overrated)
  2. A cheap QB while they're stuck paying Alex Smith to not play football
  3. A local kid that can excite the fan base

Kyler Murray could be an option for them as well as he would undoubtedly bring excitement to the team, but I'm not sure they'll want to go that route after watching RGIII's leg fall off.

I hope...but they also may go the FA/cheap trade route with Foles or Flacco. 

Regardless of what you think about a particular team, it's really disheartening to watch any team make the move to get their quarterback, only to watch the quarterback's leg snap like a pretzel so quickly. I can't imagine being a die-hard Redskins fan, pumped about your shiny new quarterback one year, and finding out a year later you need to go shopping again.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Anything could happen. But getting picks for next year wouldn’t upset me if there’s value. I hope they are not just one trick ponies who only move up, but while it may feel that way after last year early, that’s not always been the case, so.....who knows? 

I just pray we have the smartest scouts in the league! They looked pretty good last year. There are good players in EVERY round, if you are smart and a bit lucky. 

They would be moving down from nine to gain more picks to move up.  We likely arnt gonna take 10 guys.  Picks next year are ok but we need players this year.  I would rather take 2 in the first and 2nd than two in the 3rd and 4th.

We are not allowed to trade any 5th rounders though, they seem to have good luck there.

8 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Asside from a few elite DTs and edge rushers there are not a lot of prospects I can see Beane coveting so much he wouldn't move down a few spots.  If the Bills are interested in a defensive tackle, Christian Wilkins and/or Jeffery Simmons have a good chance of being available.  If they want a WR, DK Metcalfor N'Keal Harry are possibilities.  If they want an offensive lineman, Cody Ford or David Edwards may be on the board.  There is nothing so special about Jonah Williams or Greg Little that they are worth holding on to #9 overall.   What kind of compensation in extra picks could we expect from a moive down 6 places?  What does Washington have to bargain with?

Washington's 2nd rnd pick 

11 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I hope...but they also may go the FA/cheap trade route with Foles or Flacco. 

I just can't see the Redskins, who currently are projected to have just $16 million in cap space making a move to bring in Foles/Flacco for $20 million per year on top of paying Alex Smith $20 million. That would be an insane amount of money to spend on what would likely amount to below average QB play. I think drafting someone is basically their only option at this point. The fans have already completely turned on the organization and them trying to roll out Colt McCoy or spending a combined $40 million on below average QBs will only cause even less fan interest. The only way I really see the Redskins making a play for someone like Foles is if the market ends up being dry and he's forced to accept like $5-10 million per year instead.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I just can't see the Redskins, who currently are projected to have just $16 million in cap space making a move to bring in Foles/Flacco for $20 million per year on top of paying Alex Smith $20 million. That would be an insane amount of money to spend on what would likely amount to below average QB play. I think drafting someone is basically their only option at this point. The fans have already completely turned on the organization and them trying to roll out Colt McCoy or spending a combined $40 million on below average QBs will only cause even less fan interest. The only way I really see the Redskins making a play for someone like Foles is if the market ends up being dry and he's forced to accept like $5-10 million per year instead.

I think you have it right. They need a reset and a young QB is a good start. Drafting one will give the fans a new hope, even if it’s false hope. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The 15th overall pick is not worth 2 first and a third

The Saints moved from 27th last year to 14 to draft Marcus Davenport. They gave up two 1sts and a 4th. Let's not act like we haven't seen these moves before. 

I love how everyone is giving Dan Snyder and Mark Davis way too much credit

15 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

There are six teams in front of the Bills that probably won't be drafting QBs (AZ, NYJ, SF, Raiders, TB, and Detroit), so I wouldn't get too excited here.

Then this would make our pick even more valuable - more QBs available to pick from. 

38 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Then this would make our pick even more valuable - more QBs available to pick from. 

How so? There are only a couple of qbs remotely worthy of a top ten pick, and if 6 teams (or even 4, if I'm conservative) are out of the QB game and want to trade down, where does that leave Buffalo w/regard to a potential trade down? If teams want a QB, they will be willing to move up. Last year proved that.

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

How so? There are only a couple of qbs remotely worthy of a top ten pick, and if 6 teams (or even 4, if I'm conservative) are out of the QB game and want to trade down, where does that leave Buffalo w/regard to a potential trade down? If teams want a QB, they will be willing to move up. Last year proved that.

If teams think Denver is going QB and none have been selected by 9 then I could see a team paying a premium to get in front of Denver for their pick of the litter. Otherwise it's pretty meh.

• Like (+1) 1