Redskins may want to trade up for QB - targeting Haskins

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The Bills are in a good spot.  The only thing that could mess up a trade back possibility would be if Denver wants a QB and fears another team leapfrogging them.  They could conceivably trade above Buffalo, and Buffalo would lose most of their leverage.

You're right that this is one of the worst scenarios, but Bills still may capitalize on their draft position. If Denver trades up, it means that there is a serious run on QBs. If there are let's say 3 QBs taken ahead of us, there will be some serious defensive talent dropping, which means some teams might want to move couple of spots even for nonQB. Something like GB wanting Ferrell/Oliver/Gary/Simmons. Remember how Saints traded up for Davenport last year, everything is possible.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yup.  They need to do something.   Gruden though still likes himself some McCoy 

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Nobody deserves to go out this way, but especially this guy.

Mr. Thankless QB for the entirety of his career.  Honestly believe if healthy he would have taken his third team to the playoffs this year.

Damn shame.

Agreed.   A solid QB that wins and he's driven from two teams by some up and comer.  one Kneeled himself out of the league and  the other may just be great. 

53 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The picture of the brace combined with the description of what likely has happened so far on the surgery front is gruesome.

Oh its worse if you live in DC and listen to local reporters.  

Infections and skin peels etc 

45 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

poor guy that's a tough spot to be in. hope he can at least get back to walking normal

I don't think that will be a major problem.  Getting in shape to play football again is a major issue

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

When the “good news” is limited to “he shouldn’t  lose his leg....”

If I'm in his family, I'm probably going with, Alex, let's aim for a hiking trip sometime next year with the kids...and brush up the resume for the analyst's chair a la Theismann. Hard to imagine how bad this injury was, and still is for him. Hope he recovers fully though. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If I'm in his family, I'm probably going with, Alex, let's aim for a hiking trip sometime next year with the kids...and brush up the resume for the analyst's chair a la Theismann. Hard to imagine how bad this injury was, and still is for him. Hope he recovers fully though. 

It was Theismann bad.

Even with "modern" medicine hes in for a long haul.  This can be career ending.

Course the Skins don't want to say that until their lawyers figure out a way out of the contract $ because of it 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m glad he’s got plenty of money. Heal up and have a nice life! I was surprised to see his career earning (about $93 mil) well above Andrew Luck (by like $20 mil - I know Luck has more years on rookie deal, with plenty of time to surpass), but more shockingly only about $10 mil ahead of Butt Fumble Sanchez. 

Get well, sir. 

Edited by Augie

Charlie Campbell at Walter Football, reporting rumors at the Senior Bowl says theGiants have interest in Haskins, Daniel Jones and Kyler Murray.  Of course, if the draft a QB, they would have to choose.  Denver reportedly likes Drew Lock, and Washington likes Daniel Jones, but don't think he'll drop to them at 16.  http://www.walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2019rumors.php

Much could change over the next three months, but as of this moment, it looks to be shaping up nicely for a potential trade for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/17/2019 at 2:29 PM, DCOrange said:

I don't think it's "may" personally. Living in the DC area, I think it's pretty obvious just based on the attitudes around here that the Redskins will likely be extremely desperate to make a splash of some sort, whether that's trading for a guy like Antonio Brown or, more likely IMO, trying to move up to take Haskins, who brings triple value to the Redskins as:

1. A legitimately good QB prospect (even if I think he's overrated)
  2. A cheap QB while they're stuck paying Alex Smith to not play football
  3. A local kid that can excite the fan base

Kyler Murray could be an option for them as well as he would undoubtedly bring excitement to the team, but I'm not sure they'll want to go that route after watching RGIII's leg fall off.

What is it with redskins qbs and their legs