Redskins may want to trade up for QB - targeting Haskins

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

I thought that was the deal. Not positive. 

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Isn’t he a FA now? I thought they passed on trading him last year when they had the chance and  if he can just leave

Eagles have the option of extending Foles 1 yr $20 million. Highly doubtful they do but the option is theirs.

Edited by Turk71
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Eagles have the option of extending Foles 1 yr $20 million. Highly doubtful they do but the option is theirs.

Oh I see. So if they want to trade him they need to extend him... by when do they need to do that, is it early March like tyrod’s situation from a couple years ago 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh I see. So if they want to trade him they need to extend him... by when do they need to do that, is it early March like tyrod’s situation from a couple years ago 

Think I saw something about 5th day of league year.

On 1/17/2019 at 3:21 PM, RobbRiddick said:

The stars may be aligning! 

The Redskins are the kind of idiotic franchise that would give up WAY too much to move up. A move to 15 and their second rounder and I would blow my load.

I think to move for 9 to 15 it would cost a tad more than that. Im not sure what the formula says but I can see that teams 1 this year, 2 this year, and a 3 this year or another 2 or 3 next year. 

Edited- here is the value chart according to Walter Football. It looks like we may only fetch a 2 on a deal from 9 to 15.

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Edited by billsfan_34

7 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I think to move for 9 to 15 it would cost a tad more than that. Im not sure what the formula says but I can see that teams 1 this year, 2 this year, and a 3 this year or another 2 or 3 next year. 

Edited- here is the value chart according to Walter Football. It looks like we may only fetch a 2 on a deal from 9 to 15.

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

A 2nd rounder would be value plus a nice premium. 

8 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Why?  Play hardball for their 1 and 2.  They want a QB then pay the price.

That may work or may not- we will shoot high, they will shoot low and hopefully meet somewhere in the middle. If we get more than what the value is supposed to be, then great. 

14 hours ago, Turk71 said:

A 2nd rounder would be value plus a nice premium. 

Looking at the big picture though, I'd still take it and we could even demand a mid round pick in 2020.  

That's mid first, 2 nds, top 10 in the 3rd, 2 fourths, two 5ths, a 6th and two 7ths. 

That would be huge considering how stacked the draft is at positions of need - DL, Edge, OL is deeper than people think, TE, and WR.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Looking at the big picture though, I'd still take it and we could even demand a mid round pick in 2020.  

That's mid first, 2 nds, top 10 in the 3rd, 2 fourths, two 5ths, a 6th and two 7ths. 

That would be huge considering how stacked the draft is at positions of need - DL, Edge, OL is deeper than people think, TE, and WR.   

Man, TS, not to get ahead of ourselves, but I think you would be seriously looking at 3 definite, 4 likely, and possibly 5 starters with the above, if done correctly.

Yesterday I mentioned another second could get us (this is my preference mind you) the best T, a great WR and one of those Tier 1 Cs talked about in this year's draft.  All in the first three picks.  Throw in a possible G and another lineman in FA I can't help but get excited about the grunt end of OL foundation getting set-up.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Bills moved up 12 to 7 last year by giving up two second rounders............FOR A QB.

I guarantee you if the Redskins want to move up 6 spots........... FOR A QB, the Bills are going to want more than just a 2nd rounder from Washington.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1