The tough times of Nickell Robey-Coleman

34 minutes ago, Stevie Ray said:

Any death is awful. The question is how the affected handle it, along with their general attitude. That's where there's a big difference between MD and NRC, hence the difference in how each is viewed.

I think MD had so many deaths that he basically lost anyone to help keep him in line.  

But NRC seems like a really good dude and he’s a tough player.  For some reason, we are great at finding corners.

• Like (+1) 1

It's never the cards you're dealt.  It's how you play them.  I wouldn't wish on anyone the tragedies NRC has had to endure, but I don't feel pity for him because he has endured and overcome.  I feel admiration.

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Always liked him. A question: was the PI called against him in London (v Jax) the worst and most game-deciding call against the Bills since the late 1990s (Just give it to him plus Home Run forward lateral)?

Yes, it was (coincidentally, it ended EJ's career). 

Godspeed Nuke.  All the best to the Robey-Coleman family.

Robey-Coleman and Bob Woods are two players, off the top of my head, that Bills fans have fond feelings for and wish well....showing we aren’t bitter about every player that leaves.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, dave mcbride said:

Always liked him. A question: was the PI called against him in London (v Jax) the worst and most game-deciding call against the Bills since the late 1990s (Just give it to him plus Home Run forward lateral)?

I remember a tuck rule call in Cincinnati a few years back that completely changed the game. Don't remember the details or the season, but it was definitely a critical game and that play changed everything. I thought it was a trash call.

Ugh....How horribly sad....

At least his mother and son are together now, and he’s dealing with the loss with amazing strength and grace. 

Just today I bought a towel for my sister who is going through some difficult family stuff. It says:

“They say God only gives you what you can handle.

Apparently God thinks I’m a badass.” 

Prayers to NRC and his family. It’s so tough. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Terrible story. I found it somewhat noteworthy he was from Frostburg, a town of 3000 which also turned out Travis Henry.

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk (really!), but it’s Frostproof, FL. I only mention this because my kids played them a few times in HS. I’d be shocked if they are the only two in the NFL! Oh. My. Goodness!!!

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk (really!), but it’s Frostproof, FL. I only mention this because my kids played them a few times in HS. I’d be shocked if they are the only two in the NFL! Oh. My. Goodness!!!

Too much booze last night! Odd thing is I only remember Henry being from there because the name kind of stands out and it's somewhat odd that two (relatively recent) Bills came from the same tiny town. Must play some serious football in Frostproof.

At any rate, NRC has a really positive attitude. Some people would wallow, but what good is that gonna do? You really have to keep on grinding in life regardless of circumstance. No other good choice but to keep it going.

30 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Too much booze last night! Odd thing is I only remember Henry being from there because the name kind of stands out and it's somewhat odd that two (relatively recent) Bills came from the same tiny town. Must play some serious football in Frostproof.

At any rate, NRC has a really positive attitude. Some people would wallow, but what good is that gonna do? You really have to keep on grinding in life regardless of circumstance. No other good choice but to keep it going.

It seems he’s doing amazingly well. I’m sure he also has his moments. That’s how it goes, in waves. You know you can only go forward, but sometimes it’s tougher than you think to do it. Believe me. Time helps, but you never forget. It just hurts less. 

There are certain pockets in FL with ridiculous talent. RIDICULOUS. Frostproof is one, and Pahokee is another. My son lined up against Janoris Jenkins in the state semi’s one year. There were some other NFL players in that game, I think, but memory fails me. We held them close for a half. That seemed to piss them off....it got ugly. My younger son battled a kid from Bradenton who we thought was pretty darn good. He starts at CB for the Falcons now. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

It seems he’s doing amazingly well. I’m sure he also has his moments. That’s how it goes, in waves. You know you can only go forward, but sometimes it’s tougher than you think to do it. Believe me. Time helps, but you never forget. It just hurts less. 

Been there, done that, so I know all about it. And Florida is just such a hotbed for talent in general. Amazing that none of the major programs have been able to sustain success over the last decade or so. Cool story about your son.