Pegulas get rid of Harbor Center Execs/Russ Brandon wanna-bes

YoloinOhio

On 1/17/2019 at 3:41 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Companies are not courts of law. They can fire you for cause. In this case they determined there was cause. Fortunately for the two guys fired, harassment cases rarely reach prosecution.

This constant conflation of codes of conduct established by private business with due process in courts of law is tiresome. 

Gilbert and Fattey are free to pursue this outcome in the courts if they desire. In the meantime, they were found to have violated PSE’s established codes of conduct and that stands. Period. 

On 1/18/2019 at 5:11 PM, suorangefan4 said:

It doesn't matter. If a male "joked" about that he'd still be fired.

She's a sexist pig.

And men are asked disrespectful questions all the time. They don't fire back with saying it's sexist. And they certainly wouldn't be able to reply about women's breast sizes. That type of "sarcastic joke" would get them terminated and you know it.

Has a male coach of a female team ever been asked the same question she was asked at the press conference? I submit the person who asked such a question is the real sexist pig. 

On 1/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, Doc said:

When are they getting rid of Housley?

Not soon enough.

Edited by K-9

Thank God that the Pegula's are on top of this BS with old dudes hitting on young women in their employ.

With all the progress that's been made shutting down the Brandonator and now getting rid of that Fattey........I shudder to even think about it.......but what if Pegs hadn't hired young Kim when he saw her applying for that waitress job at the bar in Olean?    TPeg has a keen eye.  He knew right then she'd make a great President and those old chicken hawks might still be tryna wet their beaks for free at the kiddie fountain in Harbor Center instead of paying for it like most old buzzards would have to!

Edited by BADOLBILZ

On 1/17/2019 at 2:38 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The old saw for many guys is ‘the drunker I get, the better they look’.  I wonder how much of it is really ‘the drunker I get, the better looking I get’.

After a late night office holiday party, the prudent executive calls a limo service and goes home.  Not on a pub crawl as if they were in university.

Actually, I would go so far as to say a prudent exec doesn't drink at all with their employees, maybe one or two at the most so they don't seem like pretentious jerks, but that's all.

11 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Actually, I would go so far as to say a prudent exec doesn't drink at all with their employees, maybe one or two at the most so they don't seem like pretentious jerks, but that's all.

man, yall never worked a  tech startup before i see!!!!

Spaeking of one two at the most, I had an awesome great aunt once( really my gradma), and we were at someone's wedding and she got up to give a toast..mind you she was prolly close to 75 at the time. And delivered the following

I am not a drinking lady

one or two at the most

3 I am under the table and 

4, I am under the host!!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gordio said:

Haha, very true, I didn't go to Canisius High School, but I did go to college there.  

My son graduated from Canisius College also....$$$$$$.

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Thank God that the Pegula's are on top of this BS with old dudes hitting on young women in their employ.

With all the progress that's been made shutting down the Brandonator and now getting rid of that Fattey........I shudder to even think about it.......but what if Pegs hadn't hired young Kim when he saw her applying for that waitress job at the bar in Olean?    TPeg has a keen eye.  He knew right then she'd make a great President and those old chicken hawks might still be tryna wet their beaks for free at the kiddie fountain in Harbor Center instead of paying for it like most old buzzards would have to!

And some of the old dudes hit on young men dressed as "club girls".

21 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Back in my early years of banking there was A LOT of drinking. We’d gather at conferences or after quarterly meetings and things often got silly, like breaking stuff at hotel bars. The highest ranking person there would tell #2 “you pay and I’ll sign off on your expense report”. That eventually had to change. If the top dog there didn’t pay (so it was approved by someone not in attendance), heads just might roll.  

For a week every year we had a hospitality house when the Heritage Golf tournament was in town. We’d bring clients in from around the state and put them up. If I had a half of a beer, I would NEVER step inside a branch. I wouldn’t create an opportunity where someone could say they saw me drinking, then I made any kind of decision. It doesn’t just have to BE right, it also has to LOOk right. 

On 1/22/2019 at 3:58 PM, K-9 said:

This constant conflation of codes of conduct established by private business with due process in courts of law is tiresome. 

Gilbert and Fattey are free to pursue this outcome in the courts if they desire. In the meantime, they were found to have violated PSE’s established codes of conduct and that stands. Period. 

I sense a bit of guilt by association in one case here, based on the original story, but we'll never get the full details.  Either way though, yes, codes of conduct are what they are and I'm willing to accept that it was warranted in both cases.