Pegulas get rid of Harbor Center Execs/Russ Brandon wanna-bes

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

right. so you are just going to quote me and say the exact same thing with different words, gotcha. thanks for playing, run along now.

No, I was pointing out that "guilty until proven innocent" does not apply in employment settings. You can be terminated at will. The use of "alleged" in the paper is due to the fact these two were not convicted in a court of law (not that harrassment is ever really prosecuted.)

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

No, I was pointing out that "guilty until proven innocent" does not apply in employment settings. You can be terminated at will. The use of "alleged" in the paper is due to the fact these two were not convicted in a court of law (not that harrassment is ever really prosecuted.)

oye. might i suggest you go back and reread my post(s).

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

i read the whole story. personnel departmental findings does not constitute a conviction within a  court of law. it is not beyond the realm of possibility that in today's 'environment' just the mere 'allegation' of impropriety would be enough to make a 'personnel department finding' that would suggest the dismissal to avoid any 'appearances' of condoning said behavior.

if they were found guilty, the headline should not state that the allegation is alleged. it is so because of legal ramifications.

I’m not sure what you are saying then. They were fired because the company determined there was cause. They obviously don’t need to be convicted for something in a court of law to be fired for something like this 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure what you are saying then. They were fired because the company determined there was cause. They obviously don’t need to be convicted for something in a court of law to be fired for something like this 

i'm saying that they are not necessarily guilty of the alleged allegations. in today's, 'environment', with all the SJW bull#### that is permeating society, just the mere allegation may have been enough to find a 'cause'. people are so afraid of being or appearing to be politically incorrect that they are afraid of any appearance of items such as these. so much so that they would rather get rid of the problem than have to defend it. not to mention that what may have been innocent yesterday, may not be viewed that way today.

i'm not saying they (accused) did or didn't do what they were accused of, i have no idea. i just know that in a different day and time (not so long ago) the threshold of believable guilt was probably a lot higher than it currently is today.

27 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

No wonder fewer and fewer companies are having holiday parties. 

right?

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

oye. might i suggest you go back and reread my post(s).

Oh I was getting you point, that all it takes is an allegation to get fired. But we don't know how much was based on an allegation and how much was corroborated by witnesses. 

46 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

It always amazes me to see the # of "executives" out there who have no idea on how to "act" as an executive.

I wonder how he would respond if his daughter/wife came home and told him that someone acted like he did at her job? 

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

They resigned.  

They're forced to resign before it gets uglier. 

Save some face, you know?

It's hard for some dudes to get any action. Especially dudes who put a priority on their career over physical fitness.

They don't realize how disgusting they are, especially after drinking too much. Women put up with so much gross *****.

I was recently out with 3 other friends and we started getting aggressively hit on by a drunk older gay dude. It was funny at first and then turned ugly real fast. Afterwards, we we're like "this is what it's like for women every night..."

Just now, Foxx said:

were they offered resignation or did they resign of their own volition? 

I would have thought you looked that up before you said they were terminated.  If you did nothing and someone told you resign or be fired wouldn't you fight back?

Although I agree the SJW stuff is out of control, I also dislike the offshoot of it which is "just claim it is all SJW stuff even if you go around harassing 23 year old women that work in your organization".  How about we just go with the truth?  Nothing, including the actions of the participants indicates the id SJW stuff so why just conclude that?

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I went to Brick Bar about 20 years ago. Thought it was definitely a college age (if that) bar at that time. Maybe it was the after after after party. 

...hmmm...sounds like PSE had multiple "Directors of Internal Affairs".......sounds like Kim is still "draining the asamp"........

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I would have thought you looked that up before you said they were terminated.  If you did nothing and someone told you resign or be fired wouldn't you fight back?

Although I agree the SJW stuff is out of control, I also dislike the offshoot of it which is "just claim it is all SJW stuff even if you go around harassing 23 year old women that work in your organization".  How about we just go with the truth?  Nothing, including the actions of the participants indicates the id SJW stuff so why just conclude that?

are you aware of the terms of their dismissal? might they have gotten a parachute if they resigned? i don't know to be honest but i can think of a myriad of reasons to not fight it. they did, through their attorney, deny the allegations, from day one.

from the article, Fattey, "... developed a "spotless reputation" in his 14 years in the hockey community...".  sexual predators do not suddenly emerge over night, they tend to have other episodes in their past that may possibly portend such actions. a "spotless reputation" does not seem to suggest that.

again, i have no idea whether they are guilty or not. i don't like to see a man's reputation besmirched nor his life destroyed because of a false allegation. i only hope that justice was served here. that everyone is ready to jump on the guilty bandwagon is troubling in this day and age.