About Tom Brady and the Patriots

Ice bowl 67

On 1/17/2019 at 6:07 AM, Gugny said:

I have never rooted for any player to be hurt and I never will.

That's taking sports to a different, borderline sick, level, in my opinion.

It's a ***** game.

Especially when we're talking one of, if not thee greatest football player in the history of the sport. Removing Brady is like removing the last boss on a video game you played forever to reach.  Beating Tom Brady on the grid iron for the whole world to see is how I expect to see Mahomes become a world champion.The passing of the torch onto the next generation of greats the way it should be done in my humble opinion.

Let me 2nd that

Its a game folks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Figster said:

Especially when we're talking one of, if not thee greatest football player in the history of the sport. Removing Brady is like removing the last boss on a video game you played forever to reach.  Beating Tom Brady on the grid iron for the whole world to see is how I expect to see Mahomes become a world champion.The passing of the torch onto the next generation of greats the way it should be done in my humble opinion.

Let me 2nd that

Its a game folks. 

i would be thrilled to bits to watch Mahomes outduel Brady in a great display of elite QB domination on Sunday

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

were you old enough to remember them gushing over Vince Lombardi?

Belichick has tripled the accomplishments and then some of Lombardi.

I am old enough to remember reading a book, Bart Starr as a school assignment in grade school. 

bart.JPG

Just because you are "great" doesn't mean you should be a dick 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

were you old enough to remember them gushing over Vince Lombardi?

Belichick has tripled the accomplishments and then some of Lombardi.

? - Lombardi won five championships as head coach, just like Belichick has. He also won a championship as OC of the Giants and would have won a second if not for Alan Ameche's score in OT in "the greatest game ever played." Bear in mind that he also died way too young, from cancer, at age 57.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I am old enough to remember reading a book, Bart Starr as a school assignment in grade school. 

bart.JPG

Just because you are "great" doesn't mean you should be a dick 

Yeah, I remember some very hard-hitting, tell it like it is biographies of sports figures in the grade school library. In fact, there are probably a few of these kinds of books about Brady in school libraries now.

I never wish injury on any player, but I get where people are coming from with Brady.

My dream scenario is this: KC beats them soundly and then this supposedly massive east coast winter storm hits and delays the Patriots flight back to Boston so they have to sit in KC and stew with their loss for an extra day or two.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Yeah, I remember some very hard-hitting, tell it like it is biographies of sports figures in the grade school library. In fact, there are probably a few of these kinds of books about Brady in school libraries now.

image.png.d70e54fad130f1e0c2e35625a2b535e4.png

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

so many in a row that Bill Simmons admitted he has forgotten the count, 7, 8, 9???

For those of us who need consoling after reading that, the Bills are still the only team to ever have WON 3 afccgs in a row, to say nothing of 4.

(Cue the but I’ll take just 1 of his SB rings in exchange in 3...2...1) :( 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is one of the Unsolved Mysteries of our time.

There is no question that Brady*** is a great NFL QB.  One of the greatest.

Belicheck*** is a great NFL HC.  One of the greatest.

I believe there is substantial evidence that they cheated at times, and skirted the rules very close to cheating at others.

I also believe they could have won most of the above without cheating

Which leaves the unsolved mystery - why?

...very interesting assessment bud.....I'm guessing the "other 31" were snickering about some of their mischief as in "stupid enough to get caught"......jumping down to Augie's response in the thread, he cites arrogance and greed...."greed" as in financial doesn't fit because him and wifey have a boatload.....BUT...arrogance as in "I'm above the law" sure fits because of his accolades a/k/a walks on water daily....like a size 15 7/8 fedora to fit the swelled head.....face that type daily and like a runaway roach, they need to be stepped on.....

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

For those of us who need consoling after reading that, the Bills are still the only team to ever have WON 3 afccgs in a row, to say nothing of 4.

(Cue the but I’ll take just 1 of his SB rings in exchange in 3...2...1) :( 

To the future!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Success said:

People hate them because they win so much.

I hate them because they cheat so much. I still think Brady is a great player, it's just that almost everything he has done is tainted. Tom Brady would be as loved as MIchael Jordan if he didn't have all of this Shady crap following him around all the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I hate them because they cheat so much. I still think Brady is a great player, it's just that almost everything he has done is tainted. Tom Brady would be as loved as MIchael Jordan if he didn't have all of this Shady crap following him around all the time. 

People like you whined that MJ traveled every time he drove to the hoop

5 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

A lot about the rivalry of Starr and Unitas

60 cents for a book.  Those were the days 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

A year ago I would have wanted Brady to have an injury, but I have since softened on that. I'd love to see KC pummel him around a great deal tomorrow and beat the Pats convincingly, but without any real injuries in the process. The tide will turn eventually and their dynasty will fall, but other teams have to earn the top spot by wresting it away from them. It seems that the more I despise the Patriots, the better they do... so I just have to let it go. 

11 minutes ago, Moose said:

A year ago I would have wanted Brady to have an injury, but I have since softened on that. I'd love to see KC pummel him around a great deal tomorrow and beat the Pats convincingly, but without any real injuries in the process. The tide will turn eventually and their dynasty will fall, but other teams have to earn the top spot by wresting it away from them. It seems that the more I despise the Patriots, the better they do... so I just have to let it go. 

....I'm on THAT band wagon quite frankly....same for the Rams over the Saints.......move over oldies....young guns matchup of Mahomes vs Goff in an "Air Coryell last man standing" is MY choice......

No injury. If he walks away on his own or because of injury, HE WINS. You never see him lose it on the field and just fail. I don't believe he's got much left in the tank, but who the hell knows with him. I certainly expect the temperature tomorrow to affect a 41 year old more than a 24 year old. Could be a real changing of the guard.