About Tom Brady and the Patriots

Ice bowl 67

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I have never rooted for any player to be hurt and I never will.

That's taking sports to a different, borderline sick, level, in my opinion.

It's a ***** game.

Fans (aka fanatics) have been like this for literally thousands of years.  We are slightly tamer than our ancestors, but that's about it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Brady has obviously had a great career. I wouldn't want to see him go out with an ugly career-ending injury. It would not be fitting for one of the all-time great QBs.

I would much rather see a team play press man-to-man coverage, crowd the LOS to shut down the dink-and-dunk, and watch Brady fail miserably at trying to beat that defense with downfield throws. I would rather see him getting frequently knocked down and sacked because he cannot get rid of the ball as quickly as he is accustomed to and I would enjoy watching him scream at his linemen and teammates, and cry to the refs every time he gets hit and constantly ask them to throw flags.

Finally, I would like to see the blank stares of a stadium full of frustrated, defeated Pats fans in the final minutes of the game, but we all know that would never happen because their fans run for the hills as soon as they realize things are not going their way. (not this game, of course, because it is not a home game)

Edited by Thunderstruck
  • Like (+1) 1

I just want him to start struggling. I don't need an injury for that to happen, just to finally lose it. It has nothing to do with him cheating any more, for a guy to have been so successful over the course of an 18 year career, I would have felt that still. The only thing left for them to accomplish is to show us all how their story ends. How will this dynasty end? When will the patriots be 7-9 or worse in a single season? We also do not need them to go to 3 super bowls in a row......

7 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I’d rather have Brady play the entire game and still get blown out by Mahomes and the Chiefs just to show the Patriots and their obnoxious fans that the glory days are over.

This.

And also, one of the things I enjoyed about last year was I didn't feel the refs favored the Pats.

Against the Chargers, I felt the reffing was inequitable and I think that's the part that really bothers me.  If we see Brady being called for "intentional grounding" and his OL being called for holding and their DB being called for PI,  it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Well plus, I liked the "Philly Special" catching the Pats flat footed for once.

• Like (+1) 1

If they do happen to win the SB, Brady (and Gronk, and Bill?) would very likely retire (on top). So there is that. I think Brady would have retired if they won it last year. That's why he was crying like a little girl on Gazelle's shoulder after the game... his plan got delayed. So, first preference would be to get destroyed by KC, but second choice (if they beat KC) would just be to win it all and ride off into the sunset.

Edited by BuffaloBillies

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This.

And also, one of the things I enjoyed about last year was I didn't feel the refs favored the Pats.

Against the Chargers, I felt the reffing was inequitable and I think that's the part that really bothers me.  If we see Brady being called for "intentional grounding" and his OL being called for holding and their DB being called for PI,  it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Well plus, I liked the "Philly Special" catching the Pats flat footed for once.

Miles Jack disagrees with your assessment of last season. And I thought the reffing was perfectly fine in the SD game once you factor in that Gronkowski was held on nearly every passing play.

Edited by dave mcbride

Can't wait for them to sink into some kind of pit of obscurity.

I can mentally kind of wrap my brain around folks saying things like the appreciate having seen Brady play, but all the scandals, cheezy borderline cheatriot moves, and officiating slant has soured me on the times they just perform well as a football team.

Getting kicked in the teeth twice a year for almost 2 decades has done a number on my feelings for the team too, even when we had teams capable and in position to finally win against them, you just knew they would do something to "ef" it up.

As far as admiring them... I'm not there yet.

• Like (+1) 1

It is my prediction a few years after retirement it will come out Brady was on a steroid or hgh. Guilty by association in my mind- I guess a little bit. It's hard to believe at his age he can throw it 40 times a game week in and week out and no one questions it?   

Reminds me of the World Series when everyone hit .118 except big Poppi .750  - no one questioned it? I did

But no one questioned Canseco, McGuire, Sosa etc and all the others

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I used to hate Jordan for his dominance and owning the Knicks.  Now, I take the kids to the HOF, and say “I saw the flu game!”, and totally celebrate what he accomplished and meant to the NBA.

We’ll all feel the same about Brady after time.  I can’t stand him and I can’t wait until he retires, but he’s amazing.  If you’re a fan of the game, a part of you has to marvel.

I never hope for injury and never will. It’s a game.