About Tom Brady and the Patriots

Ice bowl 67

Is anyone to the point where you hope Brady goes down with just enough of a minor injury to force him out of the game? I hate hate that team and am so sick of them. Last year every time Jacksonville laid a hit on Brady we were yelling Hit him harder! The Super Bowl was awesome last year! I am a huge KC fan this weekend!

Edited by Ice bowl 67
  • Like (+1) 6

I’d rather have Brady play the entire game and still get blown out by Mahomes and the Chiefs just to show the Patriots and their obnoxious fans that the glory days are over.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 7

29 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Is anyone to the point where you hope Brady goes down with just enough of a minor injury to force him out of the game? I hate hate that team and am so sick of them. Last year every time Jacksonville laid a hit on Brady we were yelling Hit him harder! The Super Bowl was awesome last year! I am a huge KC fan this weekend!

I hate to admit this but I feel the same way. Just had this discussion with another fan.

Hes the only player,in any sport that makes me feel this way. It’s not right but I can’t help it.

Being tired of him is an understatement. He’s so damn good in his system.

1 hour ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

No.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Brady is always a good example to show that people enjoy a good rags to riches, underdog story...as long you don’t have too much success in the process.  Their are limits to how much you can have apparently.

i think it's just that a lot of football fans don't like cheaters.

If he and his team had accomplished what they have on the up and up, then I could respect them. But he/they didn't so F%ck 'em.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Nah he's talked so much about playing into his 40's that what I hope for is an epically hilarious descent into mediocrity.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Honestly buddy, I'm in the polar opposite camp.

He's arguably the greatest player to ever play the game. The job of a quarterback is the hardest in professional sports, and he makes it look like a dream. He walks to the line with the entire playbook in the forefront of his brain, and directs a cast of misfits and bums to the conference championship with ease. His strategic synergy with Belichick is on a level that has never been seen before in professional or amateur sports. 

This is a once in a lifetime spectacle that, unfortunately, is going to come to an end sooner rather than later. 

Read about what a QB has to do week to week to be competitive in the league, and what a coach has to do to prepare, and learn to appreciate what these guys have done. Yeah, it sucks to be in their division, but what we've seen is the stuff of legend. 

Us, the Jets, and the Dolphins are the only teams in the league that have to basically ink in 2 losses before the season even starts. A hypothetical team with the coaches, QB and talent to go 10-6 (which usually HOSTS playoff games) in our division would have an 8 win ceiling. If you go through the last 20 years and add 2 wins to Buf's seasons, their record and history starts to look a lot better. It's not a coincidence that our playoff drought, that defied all statistical models and practical logic, coincided with the Patriots dominance. We're giving up 13% of our games before we even play them!

Don't get me wrong, it sucks as a Bills fan. But, as a sports fan? Incredible. How could you not root for them this weekend?

• Like (+1) 8

4 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Brady is always a good example to show that people enjoy a good rags to riches, underdog story...as long you don’t have too much success in the process.  There are limits to how much you can have apparently.

Rags to riches?

Wtf story are you reading?

• Like (+1) 1

I personally wouldn't want to see him get hurt. Even though I can not stand the patriots, due to how great of a player and coach duo they have, I can still appreciate what they have accomplished. I would like to see Brady keep coming back so i can see Josh Allen tee off against him. I want Buffalo to start smacking New England around while they're still playing at this high level.

I have patriots fatigue. I'm over them, over their fans, over Boston, and basically seeing them go to 8-9 straight AFCC games has made me enjoy the playoffs a little less. But, I can admit they're great, but I don't respect them in any other aspect. 

I wish I could time travel and see how their fans cope with them not being a dynasty they currently are, and when the Brady, Kraft, B.B. tyranny has ended. 

• Like (+1) 1