Who would you like as WR Coach

BBills88

11 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I know it's the dreaded Panthers connection, but My first target would be Ricky Proehl. Not sure he would want to leave his business endeavors to do it. 

Another guy I think would be interesting is Wes Welker. He was a great route runner and is well versed in the offensive system. He just spent a year on the Texans staff as an offensive assistant. He's young, but makes a lot of sense. 

Shawn Jefferson formerly of the Dolphins is another interesting, youngish former NFL player. He's credited with a lot of Jarvis Landry's development. 

Jerricho Cotchery is an assistant receiver coach for the Panthers. Another youngish coach who had a successful NFL career despite having little talent. He succeeded by running good routes and catching the ball. He also played for Beane and McDermott, and Brian Daboll when he coached on the Jets staff. 

I like the the idea of guys who were former NFL players who had successful careers, despite not being supremely talented. They are typically good at teaching the positional nuances needs to be successful. 

I like the idea of a guy who has a track record of turning lemons into lemonade.  Someone who has molded and improved a receiving corps.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Shawn Jefferson formerly of the Dolphins is another interesting, youngish former NFL player. He's credited with a lot of Jarvis Landry's development. 

Is he also credited with Landry's dirty play?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t mind an up and comer who is an assistant WR coach somewhere. Overall I don’t care as long as they get the right guy. They have had like 8 WR coaches in 9 years. That’s insanity 

I’m closer to this.

Maybe someone who played at a high level, but was a Mediocre athlete, so top notch technique, fundamentals, smarts and leadership made the player. 

Don Beebee has done interesting things, but legacies 

Reggie Wayne ?

Id like someone that could grow into OC or something else some day?

Sanjay Lal was always spoken of highly. 

6 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Sanjay Lal

I was thinking back to the WR coaches we've had and he's the only one who stands out.  I recall reading several very positive articles on him back in those days.  Looked it up, he's on the Cowboys staff now...