Hypothetical : Trade down in 1st with Raiders?

bigfootindy

Trade 9th pick for Raiders 24th and 27th picks overall?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Trade 9th pick for Raiders 24th and 27th picks overall?

• In a heartbeat
    • Want more compensation
    • No way

18 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

If Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen or Clelin Ferrell are there at 9, I pass on pre-determined trade (like the Broncos last year did to us at #5 when they took Bradley Chubb who dropped).

With Shaq and Jerry being potential FAs at end of 2019, adding and edge pass rusher is a much bigger priority than most think.  And Q Williams will be a very disruptive 3T immediately and help on both run and pass downs.  

I would say our edge pass rush wasn't particularly good in 2018 and it's only going to get worse unless we address the issue. Hughes is getting up there and is an impending FA(as you said). Shaq is not a great pass rusher. Lorax is just about done. I'd like to double down on the sentiment that pass rush is likely a much greater priority than fans would think.

It also happens to be most important aspect of a defense in this football era. The only way to contain the top QB's is by getting in their mug all day. Ferrell please!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I would say our edge pass rush wasn't particularly good in 2018 and it's only going to get worse unless we address the issue. Hughes is getting up there and is an impending FA(as you said). Shaq is not a great pass rusher. Lorax is just about done. I'd like to double down on the sentiment that pass rush is likely a much greater priority than fans would think.

It also happens to be most important aspect of a defense in this football era. The only way to contain the top QB's is by getting in their mug all day. Ferrell please!

Agreed my friend.  Not to mention, by drafting one here, that we get a 5th year option on an impact player at a very expensive position.  

Because of that I would sign FA C, RT, RB or OG as these are not very expensive positions.  And draft LT, DE, 3T, WR and CB as these are premium costs to cap.  We are set at QB for now.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, rodneykm said:

I get that the chart says we get a premium, but I'm not feeling it. Maybe a 1st this year, 3rd and their 1st next year. 

;)

If the Raiders were to trade their first round pick in 2020, the NFL executives would howl.

After scheduling the 2020 NFL Draft to be held in Las Vegas, the last thing they want to see is the host team's fans not getting a chance to cheer their team when they make their first round selection.

It's all about the optics.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Nope.. I want a extra 2 this year or a 1 next year on top of both those 1’s 

Gruden can afford it 

The Raiders context would lead me to also want a 2 this year, or 1 next year - we'd essentially be giving them the chance to have two top 10 picks, and they certainly have the capital to ante up another pick for it. 

Let's trade pick 9 for picks 4, 24 & 27.  Considering how ridiculous it is that we're up to 3 pages answering an illogical question, we might as well dream that it's like Draft Day the movie and make the trade as absurd as possible.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'd like to double down on the sentiment that pass rush is likely a much greater priority than fans would think.

I'm sure the Bills agree. A couple inside sources on this board that I trust said they tried to trade for Mack. Obviously the asking price ended up too high but that leads me to believe they are trying to improve the pass rush. That is the priority on defense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsMafia13 said:

If theres no blue chippers definitely but work for a 1st next year.  Since the first round is so top heavy with them, sign a premier DE/DT to give us some flexibility.  Raiders will stink next year too so

If there’s no blue chipper available at 9, then teams aren’t going to want to give up much to move up.  See how that works?

And the Raiders aren’t trading next year’s first rounder.  They are going to suck again this year and it’s going to be a QB-heavy draft.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

If MLB Devin White still available at #9 i can see the Raiders moving up for him. There's a 50/50 chance of DW being there.

If they liked someone that much, then why not take at 4?

Also, I don't think they would pay a premium for anyone but a QB.

3 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I say they kick in there 2nd (35) for our  3rd (75). So we get 24, 27 & 35 for 9, 75.  

24- Christian Wilkins DT Clem

27- Marquise Brown Wr OKLA

35- TJ Hockenson TE Iowa

40- Hakeem Butler WR Iowa ST.

Man this kind of draft can do wonders for our Future.

I would sign-off on this. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB

1 hour ago, mannc said:

If there’s no blue chipper available at 9, then teams aren’t going to want to give up much to move up.  See how that works?

And the Raiders aren’t trading next year’s first rounder.  They are going to suck again this year and it’s going to be a QB-heavy draft.

So teams only trade up for blue chip players?  Didnt the saints trade up to 14 for marcus davenport? Didnt the bills trade up for Josh Allen? Talented but not a blue chip, blue chip is subjective and some teams might want to move up.  See how that works?

Also the Raiders have at least two 1st rounders next year.  

8 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

So teams only trade up for blue chip players?  Didnt the saints trade up to 14 for marcus davenport? Didnt the bills trade up for Josh Allen? Talented but not a blue chip, blue chip is subjective and some teams might want to move up.  See how that works?

Also the Raiders have at least two 1st rounders next year.  

Both valid points.  Forgot about the Raiders other first next year, although it’s likely to be in the 20’s.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

Both valid points.  Forgot about the Raiders other first next year, although it’s likely to be in the 20’s.

I must be getting old because all I want is a monster oline now.  If anyone with knowledge of college ball sees oline talent being there around 25ish im all about it.  Just not another Cyrus K

On 1/16/2019 at 6:55 PM, bigfootindy said:

Very early, just hypothetical trade.  Maybe the Raiders want a QB before the Broncos/Dolphins have a shot.  Trade chart shows:

Bills 9th: 1350

Raiders picks: 740 + 680 = 1420 (About a 5% premium)

Thoughts?

Who were the 8 selected in front of Buffalo? Who would the Raiders want to trade up for?

20 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

If the Raiders were to trade their first round pick in 2020, the NFL executives would howl.

After scheduling the 2020 NFL Draft to be held in Las Vegas, the last thing they want to see is the host team's fans not getting a chance to cheer their team when they make their first round selection.

It's all about the optics.

Extremely good point there for sure. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/17/2019 at 10:17 AM, HappyDays said:

I'm sure the Bills agree. A couple inside sources on this board that I trust said they tried to trade for Mack. Obviously the asking price ended up too high but that leads me to believe they are trying to improve the pass rush. That is the priority on defense.

I became a big time DE/pass rush guy after watching Chris Kelsay and Brian Dennehy playing a prominent role. They both seemed to occasionally get pressure but never get the sack. I want killers(football) playing defensive end. Play angry. Kyle Williams played angry.