Hypothetical : Trade down in 1st with Raiders?

bigfootindy

Trade 9th pick for Raiders 24th and 27th picks overall?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Trade 9th pick for Raiders 24th and 27th picks overall?

• In a heartbeat
    • Want more compensation
    • No way

5 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Now that’s interesting. You could even add another side receiver later in the draft. 

Those 3 I grabbed could all be huge targets in the passing game. Not to mention Jacobs steps in right away knowing the system and is an amazing runner.

4 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Those 3 I grabbed could all be huge targets in the passing game. Not to mention Jacobs steps in right away knowing the system and is an amazing runner.

Even if Hakeem didn’t make it to 42, I think there will be plenty of wide receivers to choose from with the depth. 

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

Fair trade factoring in a top 10 pick gets a 5 yr deal there would be a premium.  Let's say a 3rd round pick which would be the 68th pick.

We would be drafting 

24, 27, 40, 64, 74 in the first three rounds.  Plus have two picks in the 4th, 5th and 7th and one in the 6th.

If we add a WR, OG, C, T and TE and maybe an OLB in free agency we could draft:

24 - Hakeem Butler - WR

27 - Dexter Lawrence - DT

40 - Irv Smith - TE

64 - Youdny Cajuste - OT

70 - Chris Lidstrom

then in 4th round LB Kahil Hodge and RB Josh Jacobs

thoughts please

Every 1st rounder gets a 5 year deal, not just top 10.

• Like (+1) 1

I think trading down with a team like Washington is more realistic. With Alex Smith’s issues Recovering from surgery, they need to draft a guy of the future. Denver at #10 does as well. 

There could be teams looking at a guy like Drew Lock, Daniel Jones, or even Haskins if he slips, when we pick at #9 overall. A move like that could maybe get us a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th and allow us to really build up the roster. 

Edited by Dkollidas
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

Even if Hakeem didn’t make it to 42, I think there will be plenty of wide receivers to choose from with the depth. 

Preston Williams would be my next option.

IMO top 5 WRs (not college, but nfl potential)

DK Metcalf 

Kelvin Harmon 

NKeal Harry

Hakeem Butler 

Preston Williams 

13 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I think trading down with a team like Washington is more realistic. With Alex Msith’s issues Recovering from surgery, they need to draft a guy of the future. Denver at #10 does as well. 

There could be teams looking at a guy like Drew Lock, Daniel Jones, or even Haskins if he slips, when we pick at #9 overall. A move like that could maybe get us a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th and allow us to really build up the roster. 

Yep to leapfrog Denver. Cincy and Miami could be in the running too.

2 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Exactly. I’d look to go WR TE OL with the first 3 picks. In any order depending on the teams preference. 

I love TJ Hockenson as the best all around TE since Gronk. Potentially I think he’s better all around TE over OJ Howard who went 19 overall. I’d take Washingtons pick 15 and have zero issues grabbing Hockenson.

He may not be flashy but I think him and Josh could connect.

Plus grab a 3rd this year and next year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I love TJ Hockenson as the best all around TE since Gronk. Potentially I think he’s better all around TE over OJ Howard who went 19 overall. I’d take Washingtons pick 15 and have zero issues grabbing Hockenson.

He may not be flashy but I think him and Josh could connect.

Plus grab a 3rd this year and next year.

I’d be happy with any of Fant, Hockenson or Irv Smith if they take one in rounds 1 or 2. 

Then grab a receiver. Any of Harry, Butler, Marquise Brown, Metcalf, etc. 

I also think they look more for interior help than exterior. Between Trent Brown, Smith from Tampa, and Daryl Williams from Carolina, I think there’s more free agent help available at tackle. Not elite, but serviceable. They get their higher end RT in free agency, sign a decent level interior lineman, and then draft another interior lineman early. Defenses are trying to get more of a pass rush from the interior, and therefore The interior linemen are almost becoming just as valuable as the tackles. 

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Make no mistake about it...the Beane Counter is moving down.

I'm definitely in favor of trading down and getting more, given all of our needs, but that depends on a bunch of things.  Several teams could jump ahead of the Bills as well.  If say 2-3 QBs were selected in the top 8, he might just sit there and have someone drop to him that he can't resist?

Edited by cage

11 hours ago, Mark92 said:

Well if you look at the #10 pick we gave to KC for the #27 and the following years 1st in 2017 then it may not be quite enough.  I would do #9 for #24, #27 and a 2nd rounder.  Turn 1 top ten pick into 3 probable starters.  Yep.  

That’s not the way it works.  24 and 27 this year are worth more than 27 this year and a 1 next year from a team like KC.  Next year’s picks are generally devalued by one round.  The Raiders (even with a fool like Gruden) would never trade those three picks just to get to 9 in a so-so draft.

Edited by mannc

36 minutes ago, cage said:

I'm definitely in favor of trading down and getting more, given all of our needs, but that depends on a bunch of things.  Several teams could jump ahead of the Bills as well.  If say 2-3 QBs were selected in the top 8, he might just sit there and have someone drop to him that he can't resist?

if josh allen makes it to 9....no way do i trade out.

12 hours ago, bigfootindy said:

Very early, just hypothetical trade.  Maybe the Raiders want a QB before the Broncos/Dolphins have a shot.  Trade chart shows:

Bills 9th: 1350

Raiders picks: 740 + 680 = 1420 (About a 5% premium)

Thoughts?

Generally in a crucial year like this one I figure you need impact guys and I don't trade down.

This would bring in two firsts, so I'd strongly consider it. If there was someone high I thought might fall to #9 and I was desperate for, or if I thought there were exactly nine guys who were blue chippers and would help this team, I'd understand them turning it down.

But I don't see Oakland offering a deal like this.

32 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s not the way it works.  24 and 27 this year are worth more than 27 this year and a 1 next year from a team like KC.  Next year’s picks are generally devalued by one round.  The Raiders (even with a fool like Gruden) would never trade those three picks just to get to 9 in a so-so draft.

Yup.