Hypothetical : Trade down in 1st with Raiders?

bigfootindy

Trade 9th pick for Raiders 24th and 27th picks overall?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Trade 9th pick for Raiders 24th and 27th picks overall?

• In a heartbeat
    • Want more compensation
    • No way

Why do some people still think the Raiders are looking to replace Carr?  After a rough start he went 10 straight games without an INT before throwing a couple in the season finale.  

There's no way a QB will be sitting at 9 who will ever be better than Carr in this bad QB year.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

Well if you look at the #10 pick we gave to KC for the #27 and the following years 1st in 2017 then it may not be quite enough.  I would do #9 for #24, #27 and a 2nd rounder.  Turn 1 top ten pick into 3 probable starters.  Yep.  

Edited by Mark92
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Well if you look at the #10 pick we gave to KC for the #27 and the following years 1st in 2017 then it may not be quite enough.  I would do #9 for #24, #27 and a 2nd rounder.  Turn 1 top ten pick into 3 probable starters.  Yep.  

you're hired !

mathematically it works for me.
Can likely move back up if need something too good to miss on.
 But , I would want more considering there might be leverage.

the thing i cannot do is measure the BPA level and look at "need" picks , and consider what the Bills see of value there as compared to what the see from the first ten picks look like.

am sure some here can give us and educated opinion.
 as i mentioned the math works well enough. But they best have some players they really like and can get to if they trade out.
Hard to give up drafting in the top ten !!

Fair trade factoring in a top 10 pick gets a 5 yr deal there would be a premium.  Let's say a 3rd round pick which would be the 68th pick.

We would be drafting 

24, 27, 40, 64, 74 in the first three rounds.  Plus have two picks in the 4th, 5th and 7th and one in the 6th.

If we add a WR, OG, C, T and TE and maybe an OLB in free agency we could draft:

24 - Hakeem Butler - WR

27 - Dexter Lawrence - DT

40 - Irv Smith - TE

64 - Youdny Cajuste - OT

70 - Chris Lidstrom

then in 4th round LB Kahil Hodge and RB Josh Jacobs

thoughts please

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Fair trade factoring in a top 10 pick gets a 5 yr deal there would be a premium.  Let's say a 3rd round pick which would be the 68th pick.

We would be drafting 

24, 27, 40, 64, 74 in the first three rounds.  Plus have two picks in the 4th, 5th and 7th and one in the 6th.

If we add a WR, OG, C, T and TE and maybe an OLB in free agency we could draft:

24 - Hakeem Butler - WR

27 - Dexter Lawrence - DT

40 - Irv Smith - TE

64 - Youdny Cajuste - OT

70 - Chris Lidstrom

then in 4th round LB Kahil Hodge and RB Josh Jacobs

thoughts please

Unless something drastic happens, there is no way Jacobs is there in the 4th round.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Probably not, but maybe a Bryce Love who is coming off an injury or the kid from Texas A & M

I don’t know how RB is going to work in this draft or how the Bills plan on fixing the RB position, but if the Bills are fancy on Jacobs, they might be busy this draft with trades.

8 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Probably not, but maybe a Bryce Love who is coming off an injury or the kid from Texas A & M

Agree Jacobs may go in the first but Love might be there and a great pick. Especially if we actually keep Shady this year. Love will have a year of RB by committee and then take over in 2020. Sign me up for that.

42 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

They did this for their QB of the future (boy, did theirs come early!).  I really don't think there's anyone at 9 the Raiders will want.  If anything, I could see Gruden trading the Cards for the #1 pick to get Bosa.