Jonathan Martin going to trial for ordering gun, threatening Richie Incognito

YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, Swill Merchant said:

For whatever faults RI may have, and he clearly has many, I have always thought he got a raw deal as it pertains to Jonathan Martin.

nope, you keep poking a bear and you'll get mauled

it's a business and you keep away from anyone unless it's on good terms

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

According to wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burger_King

"Burger King (BK) is an American global chain of hamburger fast food restaurants. Headquartered in the unincorporated area of Miami-Dade County, Florida, the company was founded in 1953 as Insta-Burger King, a Jacksonville, Florida–based restaurant chain."

Ah, well just wondering... Didnt see BK mentioned as being served anyways just McD, Wendys and Dominoes specifically.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

nope, you keep poking a bear and you'll get mauled

it's a business and you keep away from anyone unless it's on good terms

By all accounts I've seen Martin was giving it back and playing it off like they were *****-talking friends up until he flipped out and RI realized he "broke J-Mart."

I don't purport to know all the details, nor do I claim RI is necessarily blameless, but whatever his transgressions, it appears based on the evidence we know now, the case prosecuted by the media in the court of public opinion was unduly harsh.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

This is a sad situation all around 

a comparison was Jason Paul Pierre gleefully beating up on a punter in ST, and that set up bad karma

leave people the ***** alone in your life unless it's welcome to interact

18 hours ago, Augie said:

I get a kick out of many people here who put money on such a high pedestal. I mean, I’m a big fan, don’t get me wrong!!! But it really doesn’t guarantee happiness. Some people here seem to resent those who have done well financially. “You’ve got your millions! Who are you to complain! Suck it up!”  We have no idea what their lives are like or how heavy their burdens are, regardless of net worth.  

True. Look at the Nickel and Goodwin stories. They make more money than I could dream of, and I don't think I'd want to be in their shoes right now. You can't buy a child back that passed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Swill Merchant said:

I don't purport to know all the details, nor do I claim RI is necessarily blameless, but whatever his transgressions, it appears based on the evidence we know now, the case prosecuted by the media in the court of public opinion was unduly harsh.

I do not know it was unduly harsh but just focused and one sided when it should have been even.  Reminds me of some rape investigations where later on you find out the victim was never raped.

11 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Richie has issues also.  Putting those two together in Miami wasn't good calculus by the team management.

Richie was arrested 5 months ago at his deceased fathers funeral home for insisting they cut off his dads head for research. He believes the NSA is talking to him and passing top secret information. Saying he has issues also is a bit of an understatement I think.

17 hours ago, Swill Merchant said:

For whatever faults RI may have, and he clearly has many, I have always thought he got a raw deal as it pertains to Jonathan Martin.

He did. If you recall the black players on the Dolphins took his side and said that they did not think that Incog was a racist . In fact, he was a sort of bodyguard for the kid. I remember reading that once, Martin was getting abused on the field and Incog got involved and kicked some ass to defend him.

Don't get me wrong, Richie is a hot mess but in this case I agree 100% that he got a raw deal.

19 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

You think all those standford players are academic all stars? I am talking about admission requirements and which schools compete against which for talent. Stanford competes against Duke and Northwestern among big time D1 schools.

So what grades did those three Duke stars (Reddish, Wililamson, Barrett) have to get into Duke??

On 1/17/2019 at 12:54 AM, JoPar_v2 said:

Read a little bit more than the first 2 sentences. BK’s parent company is now based in Canada (RBI also owns Tim Hortons.)

The part I quoted is all I need:

"Burger King (BK) is an American global chain of hamburger fast food restaurants. Headquartered in the unincorporated area of Miami-Dade County, Florida, "

American...headquartered in Florida.

19 hours ago, H2o said:

Not being insensitive to the "bullying" issue by any means because my father-in-law's 13 year old granddaughter committed suicide about 3 weeks ago due to it, but it's hard for me to take a bullying claim seriously when the guy getting "bullied" was 6'6" and 315lbs. 

This video says otherwise: