Jonathan Martin going to trial for ordering gun, threatening Richie Incognito

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, PS 56 said:

Martin is a man with serious emotional issues.  I hope he can get help to put his life on track.

Richie has issues also.  Putting those two together in Miami wasn't good calculus by the team management.

Edited by bigK14094
  • Like (+1) 2

Not being insensitive to the "bullying" issue by any means because my father-in-law's 13 year old granddaughter committed suicide about 3 weeks ago due to it, but it's hard for me to take a bullying claim seriously when the guy getting "bullied" was 6'6" and 315lbs. I think he had mental issues from the jump and it contributed to how things have played out. Was Richie a dick? Yes, yes indeed. He's crazy as a mofo himself. Did he probably aid to Martin's mental instability? Most likely. This whole thing has been like an after school special on the effects of being Bipolar in today's society. 

Jeez.  You just don't know about folks, do you?  This seems very disturbing.  I wonder how RI found out; does he follow Martin on Instagram?  That, too, would be creepy - to follow someone you allegedly bullied.

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

Not being insensitive to the "bullying" issue by any means because my father-in-law's 13 year old granddaughter committed suicide about 3 weeks ago due to it, but it's hard for me to take a bullying claim seriously when the guy getting "bullied" was 6'6" and 315lbs. I think he had mental issues from the jump and it contributed to how things have played out. Was Richie a dick? Yes, yes indeed. He's crazy as a mofo himself. Did he probably aid to Martin's mental instability? Most likely. This whole thing has been like an after school special on the effects of being Bipolar in today's society. 

I'm sure Richie wasn't the only one (especially with Pouncey in the same locker room), just the loudest / most frequent.  I don't see how a few 6'~6" 315 lbs guys ganging up on another 6'6" 315 pound guy is any different than a group of 5'6" 135 lbs guys ganging up on one 5'6" 135 lbs guy.

But yes, I agree with you that Martin certainly has his own demons and various degrees of "bullying" (not to minimize bullying, but one person's "joking around" is another's bullying) typically happens with any group of young guys.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Duke gets anyone they want in. Those are good schools but I in terms of good their academics and sports are and what the standards they hold their athletes to, I would say Stanford has the best student athletes in the country at the D1 level.

Depends on the sport and whether kids can play. A good friend of my son's (who is an elite baseball player) had offers from Duke, Vandy, and Stanford, but because the latter two had made offers to a ridiculous number of pitchers (not good for him), he chose Duke. In football, I'm sure Duke and Northwestern tell good players that their chances of playing are going to be higher at those places than Stanford. As for academic quality, they're all roughly the same. 

34 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm sure Richie wasn't the only one (especially with Pouncey in the same locker room), just the loudest / most frequent.  I don't see how a few 6'~6" 315 lbs guys ganging up on another 6'6" 315 pound guy is any different than a group of 5'6" 135 lbs guys ganging up on one 5'6" 135 lbs guy.

But yes, I agree with you that Martin certainly has his own demons and various degrees of "bullying" (not to minimize bullying, but one person's "joking around" is another's bullying) typically happens with any group of young guys.

Don't see the difference? They are MEN not teens or boys. His momma is a lawyer wasn't she? And the NFL, while certainly not fully transparent by any means, is still quite a public place with a spotlight on it 80% of the times, including most practices, journalists in the locker room, etc. And you can actually request a trade and still work in the NFL, at your craft. Unlike in most work places or schools. Big differences to me indeed.

The main question here if this story is true: how come we know this, and how come RI knows this?

It says in the story "Incognito was so freaked out when he learned about the post on Feb. 22, he hopped in a car with his dad, brother and dog and drove north from Scottsdale, Arizona, for two hours to meet an FBI agent at a safe house"

Didn't I read on here of Richie losing his mind at his father's funeral last offseason? Or do I need to get checked in as well?

Edit: Ha! I now realize it was on Feb 22, so before his dad died. How come it only makes the news now?

Edited by Jerome007

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Richie has issues also.  Putting those two together in Miami wasn't good calculus by the team management.

The Dolphin's management team was just trying to put together a football team I am pretty sure they weren't aware both these guys were that volatile.

In an article in today's LA Times, the incident that triggered police involvement was a post showing a gun and a photo of Martin's high school, the very elite Harvard-Westlake Prep,  and a message that appeared to be a threat of violence which led to a school shut down. In addition, Martin focused his anger on Mike Pouncey. There was no mention of RI in the article.