Jonathan Martin going to trial for ordering gun, threatening Richie Incognito

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That's kind of my point college kids can eat fast food anytime but given the opportunity to eat at the most powerful person in the U.S.'s house you might think you get to eat food made by a pretty talented chef. The visit isn't about the food there are a lot of things that should be great about it the visit the food is just one thing but it's still a thing. Like with a lot of things both the media and President are at fault for us having to see this stuff everywhere. The media for fixating on stupid ***** and the President for parading it around.

Hey! When I was that age a bag of Doritos Nacho Cheese chips was a gourmet dinner. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know the history of teams being fed or not when they visit the White House but I will say if given the opportunity to eat at the White House I might be a little disappointed if the food was something you could get pretty much anywhere in the U.S.

The players were all thrilled. They love fast food and many were grabbing 3 or 4 or 5 Whoppers, Big Macs, etc. They all had their phones out taking pics.

https://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-sp-clemson-fast-foot-trump-mcdonalds-20190115-20190115-opqragfuijgdtnhaddqdcbhw5u-story.html

Edited by from_dunkirk

1 hour ago, from_dunkirk said:

It was mostly McDonald's and some Burger King, Wendy's, and Domino's.

I may be wrong but he said it was all american food from american companies... isn't Burger King a Canadian company??? I mean they bought Tim Hortons as well.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

But not for free! :)

If you go in the dumpster you could...

3 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I may be wrong but he said it was all american food from american companies... isn't Burger King a Canadian company??? I mean they bought Tim Hortons as well.

According to wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burger_King

"Burger King (BK) is an American global chain of hamburger fast food restaurants. Headquartered in the unincorporated area of Miami-Dade County, Florida, the company was founded in 1953 as Insta-Burger King, a Jacksonville, Florida–based restaurant chain."

Edited by from_dunkirk

13 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

According to wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burger_King

"Burger King (BK) is an American global chain of hamburger fast food restaurants. Headquartered in the unincorporated area of Miami-Dade County, Florida, the company was founded in 1953 as Insta-Burger King, a Jacksonville, Florida–based restaurant chain."

Read a little bit more than the first 2 sentences. BK’s parent company is now based in Canada (RBI also owns Tim Hortons.)

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Everyone I saw comment said they were never fed. One team said they got a generic box lunch at a random DC office (not the WH). Plus college kids like this type of food, no? Is the visit really about the food? I’m lost. But also don’t care. Unfortunately it’s all over every radio and tv show. 

When I was in Washington on an official diplomatic visit last year the only place we got decent food laid on was at a think tank. The Federal Gov Departments either provided stale sandwiches or just coffee and not even good coffee. 

We didn't visit the White House but if we had and Mr Trump had laid on McDonalds I'd have been very satisfied. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

Really? So Zion Williamson, Cam Reddish, and RJ Barrett are academic all-stars??

It wasn't a controversy.

You think all those standford players are academic all stars? I am talking about admission requirements and which schools compete against which for talent. Stanford competes against Duke and Northwestern among big time D1 schools.

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

It's really not much different from Duke and Northwestern. 

Duke gets anyone they want in. Those are good schools but I in terms of good their academics and sports are and what the standards they hold their athletes to, I would say Stanford has the best student athletes in the country at the D1 level.

• Like (+1) 1