Jonathan Martin going to trial for ordering gun, threatening Richie Incognito

YoloinOhio

57 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Wasn’t Martin like some Stanford educated guy with doctors as parents?  Surprised he just went off the deep end like this apparently 

Mental health issues do not recognize borders such as this. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://deadspin.com/the-messages-from-jonathan-martin-to-his-parents-are-he-1522865373. Martin was extremely depressed from being bullied throughout his life evidently. Such a big guy was bullied by kids half his size but never stood up to anyone. Richie really got inside his head. Strange to me that such a sensitive guy like Martin ended up being a pro football player.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

But rich and/ or successful people shouldn’t get depressed!!!  

I get a kick out of many people here who put money on such a high pedestal. I mean, I’m a big fan, don’t get me wrong!!! But it really doesn’t guarantee happiness. Some people here seem to resent those who have done well financially. “You’ve got your millions! Who are you to complain! Suck it up!”  We have no idea what their lives are like or how heavy their burdens are, regardless of net worth.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

https://deadspin.com/the-messages-from-jonathan-martin-to-his-parents-are-he-1522865373. Martin was extremely depressed from being bullied throughout his life evidently. Such a big guy was bullied by kids half his size but never stood up to anyone. Richie really got inside his head. Strange to me that such a sensitive guy like Martin ended up being a pro football player.

Huh?  I played football with guys like RI and Martin.  That’s what I loved about football was it takes so many different types of guys to make a successful team.

and I’m going to really shock you.  They are gay guys who play as well!!!! ?

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I get a kick out of many people here who put money on such a high pedestal. I mean, I’m a big fan, don’t get me wrong!!! But it really doesn’t guarantee happiness. Some people here seem to resent those who have done well financially. “You’ve got your millions! Who are you to complain! Suck it up!”  We have no idea what their lives are like or how heavy their burdens are, regardless of net worth.  

Remember TO’s agent after there may have been a suicide attempt?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh?  I played football with guys like RI and Martin.  That’s what I loved about football was it takes so many different types of guys to make a successful team.

Remember TO’s agent after there may have been a suicide attempt?

Actually, I’m surprised that I don’t. 

Just now, Augie said:

He's got x million reasons to live! Forget the exact number. Total nonsense. Poverty can create misery but money can not buy happiness. That's how I view it anyways.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

He's got x million reasons to live! Forget the exact number. Total nonsense. Poverty can create misery but money can not buy happiness. That's how I view it anyways.

25 I think 

was that rosenhaus?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I thought there was a fair amount of commentary from JM during the time preceding the Wells report.  I don't really care enough to look, but I thought part of Incognitos complaint back was the stuff that went back and forth.  And, honestly, it seems that this guy had some long simmering issues going back just about as far as he goes back in life. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

"Terrell has 25 million reasons why he should be alive."
-- Kim Etheredge, Owens' publicist

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I thought there was a fair amount of commentary from JM during the time preceding the Wells report.  I don't really care enough to look, but I thought part of Incognitos complaint back was the stuff that went back and forth.  And, honestly, it seems that this guy had some long simmering issues going back just about as far as he goes back in life. 

So did RI.  Martin has his own stuff going on.  But RI is also the guy who doesn’t know when to stop as evidence by most of his life. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I understand that, I played on teams in multiple sports for many years. What seems strange is that he would make it all the way to the pros being bullied and never learning to stand up for himself. It wouldn't shock me at all if Richie was gay.?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If I recall accurately I think part of RI’s defense was that he had issues since HS and it wasn’t because of his “bullying” in Miami 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

"Terrell has 25 million reasons why he should be alive."
-- Kim Etheredge, Owens' publicist

So did RI.  Martin has his own stuff going on.  But RI is also the guy who doesn’t know when to stop as evidence by most of his life. 

I'm not disputing that, nor am I suggesting anything about Incognito.  I read the text messages that were linked to the post, and they painted a picture that was different than what I had read. Just an observation.

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm not disputing that, nor am I suggesting anything about Incognito.  I read the text messages that were linked to the post, and they painted a picture that was different than what I had read. Just an observation.

And you’re not wrong.  Martin was from a different football world.  Guys from Stanford are proud that they are nerds. Andrew Luck runs a book club.  

Martin probably never dealt with a guy like RI.  I know guys like RI (who has his own mental health issues) who are don’t stop.  Just oil and water.  

Lookkng back, it’s actually kinda amazing RI kept it together in Buffalo for so long.  

11 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I understand that, I played on teams in multiple sports for many years. What seems strange is that he would make it all the way to the pros being bullied and never learning to stand up for himself. It wouldn't shock me at all if Richie was gay.?

I think Martin’s high school was like one of the best in California and Stanford is completely different than every other D 1 school.  It’s basically an Ivy League school where a lot guys are going because it’s not just about making it to the nfl.  

• Like (+1) 1