Favorite participation sport... what's yours?

bdutton

Fishing. That's a sport, right? 

I used to be into water skiing and wakeboarding, which I still do from time to time, but hell, that is too much abuse on myself anymore.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

Hockey, by far.

The constant flow to the game, shooting the puck, passing....hockey is super fun to play.

I love hockey and am a huge Sabres fan, but it's more fun to play than watch.

Also love playing frisbee!  LOL  Just love it.  It's fun.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Back in the day it was lacrosse before I became all old and decrepit.  Today, I would say it’s badminton.  We got a net we put up in the summer and a decent set of rackets.  Fun to play stoned too!!

My mom won one in a raffle at work once. It was a summer Olympic year, so it was some sort of promotion tied into that. So my brother and I set it up in the backyard, and it got really intense. We thought we were so good. Then we saw badminton was on TV. Oh, how wrong we were. 

I suck at most sports.  two left legs coordination wise,   but I did very well running Track and Cross country in HS.  

Varsity Squad for 3 years and (a stoner to boot.)   Breaking my ankle in 75 really changed what sports I could do.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

I love me a good game of Devil's Triangle.

Anyone got a quarter???

Not sure what that is. Let me google it real quick from my work computer while work is slow.

I want to get back into bowling. I bowled a lot when I was younger, but never took it seriously till middle school. I had a decent average for my age of about 140, but my high school team was really good. Like, had a game where there were two 300 games, a 299, and the lowest was a 281. I still bowled in a Saturday morning fun league. But the roof collapsed and they had to move to a smaller bowling alley and combine teams. I was stuck bowling with a bunch of kids younger than myself and lost interest. 

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Skiing.

Giant slalom... NASTAR stuff now. Had a race team in High School, College Club (UB) we sucked, but always middle of pack.Not much racy racy anymore... But if the gates are up, will run then...

I went skiing for about 5 years straight.  Back when the Saturday Night special at Swain, lift ticket cost $10  for 4 hours.  

then I had kids and well  that was that.  daddy time at Durrand park sledding 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I went skiing for about 5 years straight.  Back when the Saturday Night special at Swain, lift ticket cost $10  for 4 hours.  

then I had kids and well  that was that.  daddy time at Durrand park sledding 

I never skied Swain!  We did Bluemont for Jr. High Ski Club... Kissing Bridge Sr. High...

31 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I suck at most sports.  two left legs coordination wise,   but I did very well running Track and Cross country in HS.  

Varsity Squad for 3 years and (a stoner to boot.)   Breaking my ankle in 75 really changed what sports I could do.

Twoleftfeet.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I never skied Swain!  We did Bluemont for Jr. High Ski Club... Kissing Bridge Sr. High...

My buddies and I called ourselves the Sultans of Swain and would sing Dire Straits songs up the lift while smoking a doobie. 

If you went in February and 10 degree temps hardly anyone was on the slopes.   

you could make it up and down the slopes very easily 

never made it west to Kissing Bridge. 

One other time I did go to this place outside of Syracuse I forget the name.  I called it Death Mountain cuz a buddy died there.  

I ended up in the hospital with a concussion myself there 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

never made it west to Kissing Bridge. 

One other time I did go to this place outside of Syracuse I forget the name.  I called it Death Mountain cuz a buddy died there.  

I ended up in the hospital with a concussion myself there 

Bluemont was nice... Had decent vertical of about 800'... They think about bringing a modern version back at Blue Hill in Yorkshire!

Lifts sucked.  Had to get rescued one time when chair broke.  I made it off.  Friend jumped on roof of SnoCat.  Other friend boatswain chair!  LoL... He was with a chick... Threw snowballs at them whole time they were waiting!  LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Tennis. Hands down. You can do it forever, like golf, which is great. I’m too old for most of the other stuff, I’ll play tennis 5 days a week sometimes when the weather is decent and I can round up a partner. Good exercise, especially if you play on clay (which is FAR easier on the body!) 

Second place? How about Jarts in the park at a keg party. That sounds like FUN! What could go wrong? 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Midget tossing.

When I first started dating my wife, she didn't understand my sense of humor or sarcasm. I saw an ad on Facebook for a local bar that was hosting midget wrestling. As a joke, I said "Hey. We should go to this, and get front row tickets." So she went out and actually bought me VIP seats for midget wrestling, that came with ringside seats and a free t-shirt. It was actually really fun. 

• Haha (+1) 1