Favorite participation sport... what's yours?

bdutton

Not to hijack the Favorite Sports Team thread... what is your favorite participation sport.

I love shooting.  Especially the precision rifle and pistol sports.    Bullseye pistol and Precision rifle (Olympic style, both air and smallbore).

What are your favorite sports to participate in.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Back in the day it was lacrosse before I became all old and decrepit.  Today, I would say it’s badminton.  We got a net we put up in the summer and a decent set of rackets.  Fun to play stoned too!!

I knew you like to play with *****!

i never learned/liked any adult sports like golf, tenis, skiing, etc.  i played football and ran track in high school, and that ***** isn't happening anymore.  to be honest, i really don't have any hobbies besides work.  now i feel bad about myself. 

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, teef said:

to be honest, i really don't have any hobbies besides work.  

You're here a hell of a lot, that could be your hobby!

I would say mine are golf, bowling and softball. I do love playing floor hockey and flag football but it's few and far between.

Playing ice hockey.

I did continue to play baseball, but the sudden starts, stops, change in direction, not moving for awhile, sprinting, etc was resulting in too many injuries.  I stopped playing a couple years ago, but miss it.

Believe it or not, ice hockey is way more gentle on the joints and such than baseball.

13 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

You're here a hell of a lot, that could be your hobby!

I would say mine are golf, bowling and softball. I do love playing floor hockey and flag football but it's few and far between.

the idea of this board being my hobby is really depressing me right now.

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Running up or down the stairs getting stuff I forgot on the last trip up or down the stairs--does that count?  

as my grandmother said, if you don't have a strong mind, you better have strong legs.  (it sounds much cooler in italian)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, teef said:

the idea of this board being my hobby is really depressing me right now.

as my grandmother said, if you don't have a strong mind, you better have strong legs.  (it sounds much cooler in italian)

I bet your grandmother could make a mean lasagna too? (now I'm making myself hungry, great) 

We play sand volleyball in the spring and summer sessions. I’m not very good, having never played before my early adult life, but it is a lot of fun. Basketball is also a favorite,  but I don’t get to play nearly as much as I used to. 

As someone who played football my whole life, I wish I played a sport that would have transitioned better to adult life. 

football wrestling and track (discus/shot put) in High school.

Played some beer league softball for a while, played sand volleyball at YMCA until they took the court out to build a new building. Still play VBinside during winter.

• Like (+1) 1

Downhill skiing.  I still race in an over 40 alpine race league which is fun.  My knees cant take the pounding of moguls any more, but beyond that I can still ski anything I used to ski in my 20s.  

Beer league softball after work comes in a close second.  Thats always a good time.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Back in the day it was lacrosse before I became all old and decrepit.  Today, I would say it’s badminton.  We got a net we put up in the summer and a decent set of rackets.  Fun to play stoned too!!

Another vote for bad mitten.  Good quality rackets and birds make all the difference.

• Like (+1) 1