Star Wars or Star Trek--Vote Your Fav!

NoHuddleKelly12

Star Wars or Star Trek?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite geekfest--are you a Storm Trooper or a Trekkie?

• Star Wars
    • Star Trek
    • Both--I'm still a 10 on the closet nerd scale
    • Neither--I just don't get either one

14 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Shatner’s delivery as Kirk giving Spock’s eulogy (Spoiler ?: Spock dies in Star Trek II) is a Trek classic—how he barely gets the word “human” out is Oscar worthy—lol ?. How does Kirk not get the nod over Picard after watching this??

Fair enough, but check out Picard responding to the Klingon starting around 3:40 of this clip:

https://playithub.net/watch/KUa4n5KFUGw/star-trek-stng-moments-65-sins-of-the-father.html

• Awesome! (+1) 1

When I was a kid, I used to enjoy the original Star Trek re-runs, but even then, always knew they were kind of hokey and produced on a small budget, or so they looked.  Could never quite take them seriously. 

I never was able to get into any of the re-runs later in life either; like I haven't even watched them.

But Star Wars?  Star Wars came out when I was 6 and it was a completely mind blowing phenomenon.  I was completely absorbed with it and thought it was the absolute coolest thing I had ever seen.

Ironically, Star Trek was done on a much higher intellectual level, and I think there's much more raw substance there in the Star Trek shows, but Star Wars is still #1 in my heart.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:41 PM, /dev/null said:

Both

And i might as well stir up the secondary debate :

Picard > Kirk

Bill Shatner would kick Picard's ass every day of the week and twice on Sundays, and then steal and bang his girlfriend for an encore.

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Soooo ... Flutie or Johnson?

Flutie  for entertainment.  

44 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Dawg, I bet you look like a foot compared to when you were 20.

We can’t avoid aging.

Well I can, but that’s because of pliability.

I sure don't have my 6 pack abbs or have my thick lush hair and I need glasses full time. 

But I only weigh 20 pounds more than I did @ 20.  Just a small belly bulge.  

I like both with the following caveats:

Star Trek -- only the original characters (TV series, movies, reboots).  Never got into TNG or the other spinoffs.  Hated that "Data" character and thought calling the first mate "Number One" was stupid.  Also couldn't stand the "Q" villain.  Dude with the headband (Jordy?) was ok though.

Star Wars -- skip episodes 1 and 2 (the 4th and 5th movies).  Otherwise, excellent.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:29 PM, RochesterRob said:

Star Trek but I do enjoy Star Wars although not as much.

Agree.

I have read Star Trek books and comics but not read any Star Wars ones except for movie adaptations.

Same with games. I played several Star Trek games but never any Star Wars games.

Maybe it is because as kid I watched season 1 & 2 on TV when it first came out but when it was moved to 10 PM my mother refused to let me stay up and watch it. I also got a letter (written not typed) from Gene Roddenberry between seasons 1 and 2 thanking me for an idea and said he will pass it on to writers.

I will say that though a Star Wars movie affected me in a way a Star Trek movie never did.  I watched Star Wars V at movie theater in college and ran after it back to campus I had so much energy.  Never was much of a runner too.