Star Wars or Star Trek--Vote Your Fav!

NoHuddleKelly12

Star Wars or Star Trek?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite geekfest--are you a Storm Trooper or a Trekkie?

• Star Wars
    • Star Trek
    • Both--I'm still a 10 on the closet nerd scale
    • Neither--I just don't get either one

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Both

And i might as well stir up the secondary debate :

Picard > Kirk

Them's fighting worse, you french-captain-loving sissy.

Kirk was the man! He tagged more alien [rear] than Picard ever dreamed.

Edited by Koko78

This happened about 15 years ago. Just as I was about to start a class, a student asked me, "Star Wars or Star Trek?" I said I like both, but had to give the slight nod to Trek, because it paved the way for Star Wars. He respectfully disagreed and we left it at that.

Then, at the end of class when I asked if there were any questions, he inquired, "Kirk or Picard?"

Without hesitation, I responded, "Picard."

He paused and then said, "Alright. You're cool."

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Hoshi FTW

latest?cb=20160701191940&path-prefix=en

One of "Mudd's Women" was a Playboy Playmate IIRC.  That episode has grown on me as I have gotten into middle age.  Not for the women but for the message that men need a partner as much as they need a sex object.  

Marianna Hill for hottest female guest star (Dr Noel from "Dagger of the Mind.")

Yes to Hoshi especially mirror Hoshi.  The Orion girl looks darn close to a girl I knew in college but the years difference makes that impossible. 

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I'm a Storm Trooper but when I tried to vote, I missed the button.

I prefer Trekologist.

Edited by RochesterRob

14 hours ago, WhoTom said:

This happened about 15 years ago. Just as I was about to start a class, a student asked me, "Star Wars or Star Trek?" I said I like both, but had to give the slight nod to Trek, because it paved the way for Star Wars. He respectfully disagreed and we left it at that.

Then, at the end of class when I asked if there were any questions, he inquired, "Kirk or Picard?"

Without hesitation, I responded, "Picard."

He paused and then said, "Alright. You're cool."

Shatner’s delivery as Kirk giving Spock’s eulogy (Spoiler ?: Spock dies in Star Trek II) is a Trek classic—how he barely gets the word “human” out is Oscar worthy—lol ?. How does Kirk not get the nod over Picard after watching this??