Bills sign OT Jeremiah Sirles to 1 year extension

YoloinOhio

There is some value in a guy who can play all five offensive line positions. Typically it allows you to dress an extra guy at another position in game day. I'm fine with it. Hopefully he has an uphill battle to make the 53 becuase we add a bunch of good players. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

There is some value in a guy who can play all five offensive line positions. Typically it allows you to dress an extra guy at another position in game day. I'm fine with it. Hopefully he has an uphill battle to make the 53 becuase we add a bunch of good players. 

Like a utility infielder. It's not an exciting signing, but that's clearly how they view Sirles. The important decisions are forthcoming.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure your going to get a good starting RT for $5 mil a year.... guna have to pony up more than that.

True.. Id pay more for a good one...

Might be of more benefit then paying $5M for a bad one..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, WMDman said:

I guess mills is gone

I hope not. He’s the second best lineman on the team and would be an ideal “swing” tackle backup long term, IMO. Sirles certainly didn’t show enough to pencil in as the new starter or even the primary backup without proving it in camp first.

6 minutes ago, vincec said:

I hope not. He’s the second best lineman on the team and would be an ideal “swing” tackle backup long term, IMO. Sirles certainly didn’t show enough to pencil in as the new starter or even the primary backup without proving it in camp first.

If I'm the Bills I go after Daryl Williams as a starter at right tackle and add a guy like Josh Wells as the swing guy. Wells has played a good amount of left tackle over the years in Jacksonville. Mills as a backup is fine, but I'd worry about him as a swing guy if he actually had to go in a game as a left tackle. 

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I don't know if you have the authority or clout to declare such a victory, but I'm taking it. Excuse me while I go update my resume. 

You, sir, are on the internet. You can have all the authority and clout you want to pretend to have! That’s how it works.  ?

(I didn’t make the rules.) 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Woof.

Ive seen enough of Mills the past 4 years. He's a below average starter.

Go get an upgrade with that $90 million you have to spend. 

Like I've said, I doubt they'll be able to upgrade all 3 positions they need to on the oline in free agency. Other teams will be competing for oline help too.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:11 PM, Logic said:

At times in 2018, the Bills carried as many as 10 offensive linemen on their 53 man roster. That's too many.

Sirles provides depth at T, G, C, and can contribute as a 6th lineman in jumbo formations. I'm sure it was a cheap deal, is only for 1 year, and won't preclude them from upgrading the offensive line in free agency and the draft.

Can he practice at LS too?