Bills sign OT Jeremiah Sirles to 1 year extension

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

As long as it’s not Groy, Ducasse, Miller, or Mills then I’m good.

I predict that Mills will start at RT next year for the Bills.

I don't see us successfully bringing in 3 new starters on the line. I see us getting two new on the interior and making it work with Mills for another year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Sweet. Now that the offensive line is fixed we can focus on getting weapons. 

You don't consider Jeremiah Sirles to be a weapon? 

We'll see if he makes it past training camp. At least Beane has been busy, I can't remember the last time the Bills have had four players (even if most are depth) re-signed this early.

Edited by Reader

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

I predict that Mills will start at RT next year for the Bills.

I don't see us successfully bringing in 3 new starters on the line. I see us getting two new on the interior and making it work with Mills for another year.

Would agree if same coaching staff but new OLine Coach will want his guys as starters - ie Castillo bringing Ducasse in.  Mills if kept will be for depth purposes only - less likely given Searles signing today.

IMO McBeane will look to sign a FA starter at C and RT, the draft an LT moving Dawkins to LG and Teller to RG.  Very doable.  

21 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Would agree if same coaching staff but new OLine Coach will want his guys as starters - ie Castillo bringing Ducasse in.  Mills if kept will be for depth purposes only - less likely given Searles signing today.

IMO McBeane will look to sign a FA starter at C and RT, the draft an LT moving Dawkins to LG and Teller to RG.  Very doable.  

I don't think they'll move Dawkins or Teller. I think they'll sign a Center and RG in free agency and then bring in some guys from the draft and depth guys to compete, but ultimately this year won't find an upgrade at RT. But we'll see.

You have to remember that there are a ton of teams looking for oline help. The Bills will be lucky to sign two quality starters, much less 3. And you never know if a rookie draft pick will be ready to start or not.

2 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

He's played in a couple of different schemes so maybe the FO thinks he will be a better backup under the new O-Line coach. I think Castillo ran a zone blocking  type scheme, I wonder what the new O-Line coach will run ?

Here is a good article on the Colts oline this past season.  I know he was only the assistant coach but coaches should take knowledge with them.  Also the Colts have like three first round picks, a second, and a fourth on their line I believe.  I am sure that makes a big difference in itself.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000991118/article/behind-the-o-line-colts-authoring-incredible-turnaround-up-front

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yikes!! Really??

Guy was not good.

They have to bring 90 guys to camp. If if wasn’t him, it would be someone else at the same level in that spot. At least he knows the offense. No guarantee of making the team. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

?

Nice to get Lorenzo signed again, but this signing is like camp fodder. This guy blows. I'd rather they resign Mills as the swing back up tackle then Sirles and that's really saying something.

Mills will be paid a lot more than this guy..

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They will not draft ten guys. McBeane's history is wasting picks and moving up in the draft. Fortunately the only wasted picks they can use are day three picks.  They will package the late round picks and probably try to get a higher 2020 pick. The only way they use ten picks is if 3 of them are PK, P, and LS.

What picks did he waste?  He does have that long history of one whole draft.

Edited by formerlyofCtown