Bills sign OT Jeremiah Sirles to 1 year extension

YoloinOhio

Probably for the league minimum or close to it. Probably gave him a small signing bonus (less than $100k) so if he doesn't make the team it really doesn't matter in terms of dead cap. 

Signing any of the squids (last 10 on the 53) is fine. They will go to camp with 90. With Alexander and Sirles signing they have 51 under contract that were on the 53 at some point this year (some went to IR). They will draft 10 players which gets them to 61. With all the cap room maybe they use $60 million of it and sign 10-12 players that have played in the league (a few expensive guys but probably 4-5 that will probably cost no more than $6-7 million total if history is any indicator). At a minimum that makes the competition much better than in the past: 70-73 guys who have played in the league or are '19 draft picks. That means probably less than 20 roster fillers, which includes any undrafted FA from the '19 class, of which they usually have at least 6 of those guys. That leaves maybe a dozen roster spots for filler guys, which is probably half as many as in the past. So that's good. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't know if you have the authority or clout to declare such a victory, but I'm taking it. Excuse me while I go update my resume. 

Well, in the absence of being told that I can’t by our overlords, I’ve delegated such authority to myself. You’re welcome! :P:beer:

1 hour ago, jwhit34 said:

Probably for the league minimum or close to it. Probably gave him a small signing bonus (less than $100k) so if he doesn't make the team it really doesn't matter in terms of dead cap. 

Signing any of the squids (last 10 on the 53) is fine. They will go to camp with 90. With Alexander and Sirles signing they have 51 under contract that were on the 53 at some point this year (some went to IR). They will draft 10 players which gets them to 61. With all the cap room maybe they use $60 million of it and sign 10-12 players that have played in the league (a few expensive guys but probably 4-5 that will probably cost no more than $6-7 million total if history is any indicator). At a minimum that makes the competition much better than in the past: 70-73 guys who have played in the league or are '19 draft picks. That means probably less than 20 roster fillers, which includes any undrafted FA from the '19 class, of which they usually have at least 6 of those guys. That leaves maybe a dozen roster spots for filler guys, which is probably half as many as in the past. So that's good. 

They will not draft ten guys. McBeane's history is wasting picks and moving up in the draft. Fortunately the only wasted picks they can use are day three picks.  They will package the late round picks and probably try to get a higher 2020 pick. The only way they use ten picks is if 3 of them are PK, P, and LS.

• Sad 1