Our Last Win in the Playoffs

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

At least the 2 of them were able to become good friends later in life--especially during his cancer battles, Jim's had Marino there to help support him. Kudos to Marino for that!

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-sports-minute/dan-marino-visits-jim-kelly-in-hospital--shares-powerful-moment-with-former-rival-040925320.html

Marino gave Jim a shout-out about Hunter's death during his HOF speech. I would imagine they are fine now.

• Like (+1) 1

Tasker was just tremendous in that game.  If Tasker is the third wide receiver in Super Bowl XXV instead of Al Edwards we win that game.  He could have been Welker or Edelman before Welker and Edelman.  Derek Holmes was fantastic as well.  Really thought he would be something special.  Thought the same thing about Karlos Williams.  Oh well.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Tasker was just tremendous in that game.  If Tasker is the third wide receiver in Super Bowl XXV instead of Al Edwards we win that game.  He could have been Welker or Edelman before Welker and Edelman.  Derek Holmes was fantastic as well.  Really thought he would be something special.  Thought the same thing about Karlos Williams.  Oh well.

True that--he played shifty with a knack for getting open/separation and had solid hands--apparently Levy had to be talked into letting him play offense though, because of how valuable he'd been to the ST unit, racking up one pro bowl after another. All around just a great football player. Deserves to be in the Hall just as much as the rest of that group, if nothing else for a ST category, IMHO.   

Was there for this game..the next game was the first trip girlfriend( now wife) and I made as a couple. She won a sales contest for a trip to Cancun. One of our biggest fights ever was in the bar watching the Bills get beat by the Steelers pretty easy..Kelly getting hurt, Dough Boy coming,..think maybe early 3rd..and she wanted to leave and go to the beach. I told her great, go, have a good time, Bills might come back , will meet you down there when the game is over.

She did not take kindly to that answer, tried to start a fight during the game, i ignored her..she stormed out like I was gonna follow HA!...met back in room two hours later and she was all"aren't you going to apologize" . and I was all ..no way!!!!

i said listen..if this is ever gonna work, you have to understand I don't miss Bills games....we have had a perfect understanding ever since

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I thought Darrick Holmes was a budding superstar!

Hate to be that guy, but it's kind of depressing to watch footage of the 95/96 teams. You see Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Bennett, Hansen, Smith, but they were all nearing the end of the line. Not that they weren't still solid, but they were all kind of worn out from age/so many extra games.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

The conservative style of Marv Levy hurt the team in the Super Bowls.  They needed a clutch, quick route receiver and Steve Tasker was the guy.  They didn't let him play WR until late in his career.  He was our Edelman or Hogan then - or should have been.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Following a friendly “debate” with @ShadyBillsFan as to best playoff wins in the Bills dominant run, it got me to thinking about our last playoff win, period—and fittingly it was another dagger in the Fins & the legendary Danny Marino on 12/30/1995, who the Bills owned back in the day. Of note is the dominant Bills Oline that day, and a monster game from Steve Tasker, as a converted wide receiver (who also held for Christie). 

Surprisingly, our playoff win drought is not the longest in the league, as that dubious honor goes to the Lions and the Bengals, who last won a playoff game in 1991 and 1990, respectively. Also, Cleveland hasn’t won one since 1994, but because of the years where they had no franchise left they get a statistical break, and Buffalo is still counted as 3rd longest active drought:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_franchise_post-season_droughts

Regardless, it is insane that it’s been so long since we long-suffering Bills fans have had a playoff W to celebrate. 

The clip below is a fun way to burn your lunch break. Enjoy:

Tough to bring down that Canuck!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I thought Darrick Holmes was a budding superstar!

Hate to be that guy, but it's kind of depressing to watch footage of the 95/96 teams. You see Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Bennett, Hansen, Smith, but they were all nearing the end of the line. Not that they weren't still solid, but they were all kind of worn out from age/so many extra games.

Good point. Plus the additional punishment doled out by the defenses back then, when the rule book wasn’t so skewed towards the O, and they could basically attack the knees and head at will—to say nothing of the nutritional and workout differences to now that all routinely help lengthen NFL careers.  

• Like (+1) 1