Our Last Win in the Playoffs

Following a friendly “debate” with @ShadyBillsFan as to best playoff wins in the Bills dominant run, it got me to thinking about our last playoff win, period—and fittingly it was another dagger in the Fins & the legendary Danny Marino on 12/30/1995, who the Bills owned back in the day. Of note is the dominant Bills Oline that day, and a monster game from Steve Tasker, as a converted wide receiver (who also held for Christie). 

Surprisingly, our playoff win drought is not the longest in the league, as that dubious honor goes to the Lions and the Bengals, who last won a playoff game in 1991 and 1990, respectively. Also, Cleveland hasn’t won one since 1994, but because of the years where they had no franchise left they get a statistical break, and Buffalo is still counted as 3rd longest active drought:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_franchise_post-season_droughts

Regardless, it is insane that it’s been so long since we long-suffering Bills fans have had a playoff W to celebrate. 

The clip below is a fun way to burn your lunch break. Enjoy:

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

debate?   I thought it was a discussion  ;)  :D  

I guess we did have opposing arguments to  put forward.

Meant only in the absolute loosest sense of the word, and with only winners possible...participation trophies all around bro! :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Cardinals went from 1948 until 1998 for a playoff win

Lions 1958-1991

or something like that

Talk about paying your dues as a fanbase. I wonder if there would be any New England fans left if they had a run like that post-Brady? :rolleyes:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Following a friendly “debate” with @ShadyBillsFan as to best playoff wins in the Bills dominant run, it got me to thinking about our last playoff win, period—and fittingly it was another dagger in the Fins & the legendary Danny Marino on 12/30/1995, who the Bills owned back in the day. Of note is the dominant Bills Oline that day, and a monster game from Steve Tasker, as a converted wide receiver (who also held for Christie). 

Surprisingly, our playoff win drought is not the longest in the league, as that dubious honor goes to the Lions and the Bengals, who last won a playoff game in 1991 and 1990, respectively. Also, Cleveland hasn’t won one since 1994, but because of the years where they had no franchise left they get a statistical break, and Buffalo is still counted as 3rd longest active drought:

Regardless, it is insane that it’s been so long since we long-suffering Bills fans have had a playoff W to celebrate. 

AKA The Don Shula Retirement Game.  Bills drop a 342 burger rushing.  Bryan Cox pelted with D-Cells.  But the best moment, by far, Van with the "TIM TINDALE, THE CANADIAN COMET!!"  For me, this topped 51-3.  We beat the crap out the Fish that day.  It was a great time to be a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Talk about paying your dues as a fanbase. I wonder if there would be any New England fans left if they had a run like that post-Brady? :rolleyes:

That family ran the Cardinals as they best saw fit.

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

AKA The Don Shula Retirement Game.  Bills drop a 342 burger rushing.  Bryan Cox pelted with D-Cells.  But the best moment, by far, Van with the "TIM TINDALE, THE CANADIAN COMET!!"  For me, this topped 51-3.  We beat the crap out the Fish that day.  It was a great time to be a Bills fan. 

Great call on Tim Tindale...had an out of nowhere type statement game that day...I was remiss to not mention him. Also, there was a great line by the announcing crew after one of the Thurman bursts, that he was just "stealing" yards from the Dolphins untouched.

Little did we know what was to come...:(

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Jim Kelly’s true swan song as this victory put Kelly 3-0 against Marino, with Bills domination each time.

It’s the reason why Marino has mega-hatred for the Bills organization 

I remember when he was on HBO's Inside The NFL...he brought in a stack of hate mail from Bills fans,it was obvious he was really pissed and talked about how much he hated playing in OP.The guy has always been a bit of a "loose cannon".

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

We can't even watch playoff hockey, I bet you between the two teams that we are number 1.

19 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Jim Kelly’s true swan song as this victory put Kelly 3-0 against Marino, with Bills domination each time.

It’s the reason why Marino has mega-hatred for the Bills organization 

At least the 2 of them were able to become good friends later in life--especially during his cancer battles, Jim's had Marino there to help support him. Kudos to Marino for that!

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-sports-minute/dan-marino-visits-jim-kelly-in-hospital--shares-powerful-moment-with-former-rival-040925320.html