Gerald McCoy: Cap casualty

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They need a young pass rushing OLB in the first round not a DT. 

I think a veteran DT would be wise but not top priority. They need to spend their FA dollars on ay least two high end starters on the Oline. Add in the glaring need at TE and DT falls even further down the need list.

Yeah.. its down the list but not off it..

They need a replacement for Kyle..

I wouldn't be against them getting a DT in Free Agency and using Pick 9 on an Edge Rusher...

Options here seem limited though..  Assuming Bosa, Ferrell and Josh Allen are gone who is next man up??

Polite probably..

Edited by Aussie Joe

50 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They need a young pass rushing OLB in the first round not a DT. 

I think a veteran DT would be wise but not top priority. They need to spend their FA dollars on ay least two high end starters on the Oline. Add in the glaring need at TE and DT falls even further down the need list.

A pass rushing OLB? What?

If you mean an edge rusher, I agree that it would be a smart use of 1st round draft capital. A Sam linebacker, though? Not so much. It's the least important of the three positions in McDermott's defense, and is the first linebacker to come off the field when the defense goes to a nickel look. Not worth a 1st.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yeah.. its down the list but not off it..

They need a replacement for Kyle..

I wouldn't be against them getting a DT in Free Agency and using Pick 9 on an Edge Rusher...

Options here seem limited though..  Assuming Bosa, Ferrell and Josh Allen are gone who is next man up??

Polite probably..

Don't sleep Austin Bryant later in the draft. Guy has a nice get off and that pass rushing bend to his game.

6 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

The Carolina connection has been a little odd, if not slightly humorous.

Lighten up a little....

Right.... making second handle to make it sound less dumb doesnt actually make it sound less dumb imo.

That said if this isnt the same person - that might actly be worse...

Edited by gobills1212

8 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

The Bucs are moving toward a 3-4 D and McCoy is reportedly a cap casualty. The Bucs can save 13M from cutting him with no dead money. A possible veteran pick up to fill in for Kyle Williams?

Would be awesome but they would have to overpay to get him and that doesn’t sound like the “judicious” kind of FA that Beane was talking about. I’m thinking that they are basically going to sign role players and try to get the stars through the draft.

19 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I'm all for it.

Grab LB Devin White in the Draft.  That would allow Edmunds to move around, White can move around. Sign Shaq to 5th year.

...................................Shaq/Murphy........... McCoy/ J Phillips........... H Phillips/Star........... Hughes/Zo 

..................D White/Zo..... ..........................................Edmunds/White..........................................Milano/Edmunds

Wallace...............................................................................................................................................................................T White

.................................................Poyer.............................................................Hyde

Defense would be set!!!!

Id like to see Edmunds as an OLB and at times on the line. 

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Id like to see Edmunds as an OLB and at times on the line. 

Agree.  I think they were right though to have him strictly play Mike as a 20 year old rookie. Let him learn and try to master the position before moving him around.  I haven't seen much of it but him as an edge Blitzer may be as good as his pass defense. He is so good in coverage you dont want to take alot away from that, but depending on down and distance have him rushing the passer makes alot of sense.  

i don't see them spending on mc coy.  they may not even look to sign a dt other than j. phillipps.  i believe they will draft a dt in the 1st. depending on how the draft is shaking out, they can get a great one at 9 or even trade down a few spots. i can't believe the amount of dline talent there is this year.

obviously, i want josh allen at 9, but most mocks i've seen have us taking ed oliver.  mc coy's going to get too much money for my liking. if malik jackson gets cut then maybe a one year prove it deal would work but....

if i were running the dline i'd kick shaq inside ( in rotation with oliver unless oliver...or whoever they draft can play full time )and rotate murphy and lorax on the end. i hope they bring back yarbrough and i think mike love may turn out to be very good.

i'd like to see free agent money spent.  a center and rt for sure. if they can get a glowinski as well, good. i still believe in john miller could be a good to very good guard with someone competent next to him....in the power scheme.  i think they are gonna crush this draft. they have improved each year and this year is gonna be no exception.

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Agree.  I think they were right though to have him strictly play Mike as a 20 year old rookie. Let him learn and try to master the position before moving him around.  I haven't seen much of it but him as an edge Blitzer may be as good as his pass defense. He is so good in coverage you dont want to take alot away from that, but depending on down and distance have him rushing the passer makes alot of sense.  

Exactly- he has unique skills and freakish athletic ability that hopefully they can move hin around depending on the situation that presents himself.

7 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

You mean like the Peter Pan photos? I probably shouldn’t have brought it up though.

Peter Pan photos have a purpose in that its kind if a funny game to see who you can get to click. 

The carolina thing different in that its just played out