Gerald McCoy: Cap casualty

If you trade for him it looks like he has 3 yrs left on contract with and avg hit of 12.7m

It also looks like he can be cut anytime with no deadcap

What if it was worded that by cutting Clay, Murphy and Vlad it won't affect the cap at all if you pick him up.

I always liked his play, but after Hard Knocks loved the guys attitude and work ethic, seems like total process guy.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:42 PM, SWATeam said:

And we've got it to spend.  Seems like a good fit.

I think we already spent money at the DT position with the contract for Star.  They also need to sign Phillips which would be a more reasonable contract.

The Bills also need to decide on the 5th year option for Lawson...that could be big bucks to spend. 

I'd be thrilled. He would instantly be the best player on our roster by a considerable margin. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but what would we have to give up? Would it be worth it?

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think we already spent money at the DT position with the contract for Star.  They also need to sign Phillips which would be a more reasonable contract.

The Bills also need to decide on the 5th year option for Lawson...that could be big bucks to spend. 

McCoy is way better than anyone else on our roster, though. I could see this defense playing at a whole new level with him in the lineup and he fits the plan.

• Like (+1) 1