Lorenzo is back

I love it.  He's a solid player, and I'd guess he had real market value.  

What I really like is that it says that a guy who could go elsewhere to chase a title, for example, likes what he sees happening in Buffalo.  Says a lot about McBeane. 

I hope he has a great season and then comes back for one more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eric Wood was interviewed today and mentioned Zo, Micah Hyde and Josh as the main leaders from his perspective. Need more on offense! I know shady is a captain but his role seems fluid right now. 

He has had at least two incidents this year that weren't very captain like. His avoidance of the media for a bit and what he said about the Alabama O-Line. Guys that really need to step up into a leadership role would be what Dawkins and Zay?

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He has had at least two incidents this year that weren't very captain like. His avoidance of the media for a bit and what he said about the Alabama O-Line. Guys that really need to step up into a leadership role would be what Dawkins and Zay?

Those would the two i would challenge to step up if I’m McD. The fullback was a captain last year too but not sure if he will be back or not. 

Excellent move by Beane. He's worth his pay in leadership alone, especially after losing Kyle to retirement. 

Just looked at this on the NFL site and, in case it's not been posted elsewhere in this thread, his stats over the last 3 seasons are:

35 starts, 223 tackles, 22 sacks, 16 passes defended, 8 FF and 3 INTS (this obviously includes the Pro Bowl in 2016).

Not too shabby.

1 hour ago, Capco said:

Zo will retire as one of my favorite Bills.  I really feel like he exemplifies grit, resilience, and effort:  all hallmarks of Western New York itself.  

And these qualities make this a fantastic low-risk signing.

Even if Zo's on-the-field skills show signs of diminishing next season, he's still a great locker room presence.  

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

And these qualities make this a fantastic low-risk signing.

Even if Zo's on-the-field skills show signs of diminishing next season, he's still a great locker room presence.  

I feel like he actually had a better year this year than last, statistically. But, I’ll agree it wasn’t the same as his 2016 season. 

7 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Love it!  I'd like to see us keep this cat on as an assistant coach too (if he has any interest) after he retires.  Bright, hard working guy with great leadership qualities.

Has media aspirations doesn't he?  thought I heard that somewhere.