Hypothetical: What if Gronk Wanted to Play His Last Season in Buffalo?

Gugny

What if Gronk Wanted to Play His Last Season in Buffalo?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What if Gronk Wanted to Play His Last Season in Buffalo?

• No - His career as a Patriot makes me not want him here
    • No - His hit on Tre White makes me not want him here
    • No - Other reason; see below
    • Yes - I would be happy to see Gronk in a Bills uniform

Many posters ignore the fact that Gronk plays for the Patriots, not the Bills.  Why would he swoon about his home town team when he has to play against them and work to defeat them.  I, and I'm sure Belichick, would bench any player who talked or in any way appeared conflicted about having to play hard to beat his home town team.

With Gronk, there is pre-Tre Gronk, and post-Tre Gronk.

Pre was a goofy frat boy, who I sometimes enjoyed the antics of despite my loathing of all things Patriot.

Post is a dirty thug who I couldn’t possibly root for as a Bill.

• Like (+1) 1

He'd be a mole for Belichick. Pass.

4 hours ago, cd1 said:

And for that he should be buying Buddy Nix lavish gifts, not holding a grudge. I mean look where he wound up!

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

If Mack were approaching the final year of his career, the same logic would apply.  He's not, so it doesn't, but someday it might.

I think you needed to put the part about him returning to 100% in much larger font.  I think a lot of posters on TSW need new glasses.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If you want character players, you damn sure don't take the one who put a full body force, totally uncalled for diving hit into the neck of one of our players while he was laid out defenseless on the ground.  And with his brace used as a weapon no less.   Not just no, hell no.