Hypothetical: What if Gronk Wanted to Play His Last Season in Buffalo?

Gugny

What if Gronk Wanted to Play His Last Season in Buffalo?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What if Gronk Wanted to Play His Last Season in Buffalo?

• No - His career as a Patriot makes me not want him here
    • No - His hit on Tre White makes me not want him here
    • No - Other reason; see below
    • Yes - I would be happy to see Gronk in a Bills uniform

11 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Maybe this has something to do with passing him in the draft for Terrel Troup. Wow what a mistake that was.

possibly.  i remember the interviewer asking since he was from buffalo, he must have grown up a fan of the bills.  he kind of gave her a look of, are you serious?, then said, nah...i've never been a fan.  this also may have something to do for the team he plays for.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Obviously ....

"It’s just a dream come true every single time you get to go to your hometown and play,” Gronkowski said. “I treat it as an honor to go back and play and I always get excited for it because you’re playing in front of your family and friends you grew up with.”

“I love the atmosphere,” he continued. “It’s a football atmosphere, no doubt. It’s loud. Third down you’re going to barely be able to hear Tom [Brady] if he’s not in the silent cadence. It’s just a good atmosphere, a good football atmosphere. Whenever there is a good football atmosphere, it’s always competitive”

- Rob Gronkowski (in 2017)

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/01/rob-gronkowski-wild-hometown-buffalo-bills-fans/

oh wow.  i had a totally different idea of how he felt.  

36 minutes ago, boater said:

While we're reminiscing on Fantasy Lane, how about we make a play for Khalil Mack? Same logic applies.

K. Mack is still dominant.   Gronk is above average.   I would have loved to add K. Mack last year.   Gronk, only if the price is right.  He's still an upgrade over what we have.  

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Gonk is done and his body is destroyed. How he didn't get suspended multiple games for that hit just validates the NE / NFL connection. 

The NFL wanted him back to play in the game against Pittsburgh, the one where Jesse James was robbed of a TD.  Ratings matter most for the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

It looks like this is likely Gronk's last season.

HOWEVER:  If he was able to get himself back to 100% healthy and, as a Buffalo native, he wanted to end his career by playing his last season in Buffalo - would you support it?

He could come back and operate the train horn for you

***** him and the horse he rode in on.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Obviously ....

"It’s just a dream come true every single time you get to go to your hometown and play,” Gronkowski said. “I treat it as an honor to go back and play and I always get excited for it because you’re playing in front of your family and friends you grew up with.”

“I love the atmosphere,” he continued. “It’s a football atmosphere, no doubt. It’s loud. Third down you’re going to barely be able to hear Tom [Brady] if he’s not in the silent cadence. It’s just a good atmosphere, a good football atmosphere. Whenever there is a good football atmosphere, it’s always competitive”

- Rob Gronkowski (in 2017)

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/01/rob-gronkowski-wild-hometown-buffalo-bills-fans/

What bull####.  Cue the violins.

• Haha (+1) 1

His body is shot.

There's no evidence that Buffalo means anything to him.

He would be pricy - no way is a guy that gets endorsement deals and acting gigs going to play one more season without at least 5-7M.

Add the hit on Tre, which is the dirtiest play I have seen in years, and I can't think of anyone in the league that I would be less enthusiastic about the Bills signing.

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

No Multiple choice?

• No - His career as a Patriot makes me not want him here
  • No - His hit on Tre White makes me not want him here
  • No - Other reason; see below

Other - he's a buffoon

why would you wish that on the Sabres? 

Because I'm a Leaf Fan ;) ...…..(running and ducking for cover) 

Edited by JMF2006