Super Bowl halftime show: Travis Scott performance deal requires NFL to donate to social justice charity

The NFL could care less if football fans watch the SB.     Especially older, MAGA ones.   

They're marketing to a younger, more diverse demographic that watches a limited amount of football and is more likely to tune in for the commercials than the game.    That's what advertisers are paying for and that's who the NFL is thinking of with it's halftime show. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, StHustle said:

All you guys hating on the halftime show dont like Maroone 5? I actually listen to rap and didnt know who Travis Scott was. Then again im 35 and "old" now I guess.

He is a generic young rapper who sounds like 95% of generic rappers out there ?

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't watch any SB that the Patriots play in so I could care less who is doing the halftime show. If Metallica was doing the halftime show I would just watch the half time show then turn it off.

I'm the same way ... I'll only watch the patriots when they play the Bills. I've passed on two straight Super Bores and will likely be passing on a 3rd.

GO CHIEFS !!!!!

I'd pass on Maroon 5 and some rapper even if the patriots aren't in the game, but you know they'll be there.

13 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I'm the same way ... I'll only watch the patriots when they play the Bills. I've passed on two straight Super Bores and will likely be passing on a 3rd.

GO CHIEFS !!!!!

I'd pass on Maroon 5 and some rapper even if the patriots aren't in the game, but you know they'll be there.

Last years Eagles Pats wasn't boring

I watched the link above of his live performance. I have heard of him before but didn’t know his love shows got so much hype. I remember being a kid and watching Method Man and Redman  float over the crowd singing How High. 

Kids these days think a great show is someone screaming randomly into a mic. 

Awesome. Should get some laughs at halftime. 

12 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Is Travis Scott that autotune abortion that was in the sun devils wr highlight reel? 

Yep. I know you're checking YouTube for all his greatest hits as we speak.?

17 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Because social justice warriors are immature babies who can't deal with reality and want to shut down free speech.

How ironic. I'm not going there though. I've said all I'll say on this topic.

9 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Believe it or not, many people would think culture would improve if the whole of the Kardashian/Jenner family were to sink to the bottom of the Atlantic.

Damn. We finally agree on something.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

How ironic. I'm not going there though. I've said all I'll say on this topic.

Please go there and tell me why it is ironic.  I welcome the debate. 

2 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Please go there and tell me why it is ironic.  I welcome the debate. 

It's ironic because some would argue the entire backlash against someone exercising their first amendment right to silently protest was a form of censorship. But I understand every single facet of the argument. At will employment etc. It's been hashed out enough and this isn't the proper venue. I will say that I'm against all forms of censorship or PC policing whether they emanate from the left, right, or center. Live and let live.

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A skateboarder with mom jeans?  Do you think that trend kicks off like the flat billed hat?

The new Dolphins HC rocks the flat billed cap on the sideline..........I guess he'll be the first of his kind.

• Haha (+1) 1

I imagine many here will hate this, but it's hardly autotune pop. I think he's a weird choice for the SB (given that he's best known for acid rap), but then again Prince released some pretty crazy stuff over the years. It's not really my thing, but I have to confess that I think it's pretty good for the genre. 

This board is filled with posters who would get upset with Elvis’ hips being shown on tv.  Explains PPP. 

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

"I back anyone who takes a stand for what they believe in," Scott said. ......this sounds so very gallant. I wonder if he feels the same way about people who take stances he doesn't agree with.

Do you?

• Like (+1) 1