Bills hire Bobby Johnson as offensive line coach

1 hour ago, iinii said:

You are making my point for me. Our second best defense didn’t even sniff the playoffs. Age is just a number, War and Peace is just a book, and there is only one stat that matters. Wins and losses. You probably shouldn’t read War and Peace, you probably wouldn’t understand it.

Another internet mental midget . You make absolutely no point. I’m done with you . Your probably just another democrat that can’t except being wrong . Do us all a favor tie up your man bun and go back into your moms basement and delete your profile. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/15/2019 at 4:49 PM, Augie said:

If he was seriously a candidate for the OL coach in Indy, with all that talent...why come here? Either he wasn’t getting that job, he loves a serious challenge, or we opened the checkbook. Just my guess....

...thought I read somewhere that Frank wanted his own guy as top dawg, so this guy would remain an "assistant" if the new guy chose to retain him.....so instead of gambling, he becomes Bflo's top dawg which sounds like a good career move for him............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2019 at 1:47 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this.  Frazier seems to go into a shell when he plans against better QBs such as Rivers, Luck, Rogers, Flacco, and Brady.  The Vikings game was interesting, he went after Cousins, with great results.  I'm not sure why some of these DCs think you can still get away with rushing 3 or 4, not get pressure on the QB, and expect the defensive backfield to hold down the fort, so to speak.  DB is a difficult position to play since the rules are skewed in favor of the WR.  Just a bad strategy, IMO.

That's hasn't really been McDermott or Frazier's philosophy. Blitzing teams play a lot of man coverage and I think they want to limit that in the secondary. What they need is to get a better pass rush from their front 4 so that they don't have to blitz as often. They only have 1 pass rusher right now and that's not nearly enough. They need a LDE and a DT who can bring it too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Another internet mental midget . You make absolutely no point. I’m done with you . Your probably just another democrat that can’t except being wrong . Do us all a favor tie up your man bun and go back into your moms basement and delete your profile. 

This is gold. Everything about this sentence. What a time to be alive.

The combination of "your" and "except" while attempting to hurl a partisan insult in response to a post about the bills' defense. Whew.

Edited by NickelCity
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Adios

Good article on the Athletic (sub required) by Eric Wood on why he endorses the Bobby Johnson hire -

https://theathletic.com/780807/2019/01/22/wood-why-i-endorse-the-bills-choice-of-bobby-johnson-as-new-offensive-line-coach/

I’m excited about Bobby coming to the Bills. He’s smart, good with offensive line technique and has a track record of relating well to his players. And I like that he’s been in a bunch of different schemes

So once I heard the Bills were interested in Bobby, I texted my old teammate, Lee Smith, who played tight end for him out in Oakland. I wanted to hear how Bobby managed a position group when it was his show. At the time I sent the text, Lee happened to be with Raiders captain Rodney Hudson, a two-time Pro Bowl center, and both of them endorsed Bobby. They believed he deserved this opportunity in Buffalo.

I’m eager to see what he does at a practice or two this spring and I’ll do whatever I can to support him.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Thank you (+1) 1