Bills hire Bobby Johnson as offensive line coach

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They drafted a G at #6.  That is how you build the OL. Not with a coach.

Yeah, coaches are for the birds! We should just keep iPads on the sidelines and have them Google how to do things! 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

My biggest issue with this hire, is the TE coach for so long.  If all that experience was with the O line, I would be fine. 

I really think these hires tell us how other NFL personnel feel about McBeane's job security outside of Buffalo.

FA could get ugly.

Yeezus

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Colts allowed the fewest sacks in the NFL this year...hopefully he brings something and gets more talent to work with...

6 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Just hit the ignore button. I did it a while ago and it's made my time on here more enjoyable. 

5 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Your posts rot.

We won’t be reading his witty input for a while. Hoping he’ll learn from observing and be tolerable upon his return.

With some posters of this ilk, ittakestime...

• Thank you (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Chicharito said:

He had to have some input in Indy! At least we are getting a guy from the best online in the nfl this year opposed to hiring Juan Castillo’s assistant.

The best o-line? Is this a stat or conjecture? Either way they are done for the year. Hardly seems like they are the best. 

26 minutes ago, iinii said:

The best o-line? Is this a stat or conjecture? Either way they are done for the year. Hardly seems like they are the best. 

Statistically he's right in that they gave up the fewest sacks. Best is a broader judgement. But if not the best, certainly they were one of the top lines

But equally to suggest because they are out the playoffs that is somehow a judgement on their O line seems a bit strange

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Talent is one part, coaching is another. You still have to get the players to execute. Both of the remaining AFC teams have pretty solid offensive lines. I believe Eric Fisher is the only first round pick on either line. 

14 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....agree.....yet at the same time, I think McDermott is firm yet fair with players.....if a similar situation arose, I could see him stepping to the forefront compassionately and calling the shots.....

@OldTimeAFLGuy You do not have to image it.  Look at how they treated Shaq Lawson when his friend died this year.

Pegula plane to the south.  Take your time.  Here is the playbook for the week - study.  Provided full support of both team and needed resources.

Shaq came back and was able to play, staff and players worked to make sure he was ready.

It created a more family type atmosphere.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I see your point to a large degree. Guards are usually not drafted so early but then they are, they are often good picks. Reuben Brown, David De Castro, Nelson, Branden Albert, and Steve Hutchinson come immediately to mind.

Good coaching helps a lot, but our OL either stayed the same or  got worse with Mouse McNally if you recall. And, high quality blocking almost never comes in a trade (unless you are getting them from the Bills) and rarely comes from free agency. I am not saying that they all need to be top 10 picks but the draft IS the place to get good, solid blockers.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Someone that didn't need to coach TE's for three years to stay in NFL.

Yeah because they are never involved in the blocking scheme ;)

I guess it  will take time...…..for you to become a quality poster ;)