Bills hire Bobby Johnson as offensive line coach

20 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

You just need to look at his posting history to not be surprised by trolling .  

The worst part about the resident trolls here is that they aren't even good trolls. They're very in your face about it to the point it's obvious. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, joemac1114 said:

Will he have time with his Chevy dealership in Rochester. 

when Training Camp opens in Pittsford especially !

Bob Johnson Chevrolet

i can hear in my mind , the jingle played on local TV and radio from around here

: ) 

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

when Training Camp opens in Pittsford especially !

Bob Johnson Chevrolet

i can hear in my mind , the jingle played on local TV and radio from around here

: ) 

...so is he a Sonic, Bolt or ZR-1?......

I actually didn't know there was a position of ASSISTANT OLine coach. 

I thought too they would go for Dave DeGuglielmo, and maybe they did try. How come the Colts let him go after such good results? Just because he's not one of the coach's hires? Wow.

8 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I thought too they would go for Dave DeGuglielmo, and maybe they did try. How come the Colts let him go after such good results? Just because he's not one of the coach's hires? Wow.

Maybe they let him go because he wasn’t the brains of the operation.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

There is indeed. There is an asst to every position coach. Kurt Anderson, who was the Asst OL coach here with Kromer (and interim OL coach when Kromer was suspended 6 games) just was named OL coach at Wisconsin. Big time. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is indeed. There is an asst to every position coach. Kurt Anderson, who was the Asst OL coach here with Kromer (and interim OL coach when Kromer was suspended 6 games) just was named OL coach at Wisconsin. Big time. 

Did Castillo had an assistant? He was never mentioned if he does exist.

Indy’s Offensive Line was arguably the best unit on that team and the most improved from the beginning to end. This means in my mind that he was an integral part of measurable growth and development. Something the Bills will desperately need in the next few years. 

I like many others could only be guessing as to how this coach is going to impact the team. I could say that while I would have taken a well-known safe name who had high performing Olines throughout their history as coaches, I like the move getting someone who has been around winning programs yet never been the guy. People like that have a high chance of doing well if they actually learned from their predecessors. So we have our coach now let us get the right players in here. I remember in 2007 we went out and spent a ton of money on the Oline (Langston Walker, & Derrick Dockery) and it was supposed to be great, and that turned into a line that was very underwhelming. I still believe that the game is won in the trenches. Look at the playoffs so far, the teams that won all dominated at the line of scrimmage. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

So he was during the Gaily regime....wonder if the hire means we will be running a similar offense, or at least blocking scheme.

Obviously he's familiar with the blocking techniques  of d'Alesandris.  Actually, I like that he has been an assistant under several different O-line coaches.  It may have given him exposure to a variety of blocking techniques he wouldn't have received just working un der one guy for 20 years.

4 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Wow, seems like that is bottom of the barrel. 

This stinks.

Why, aside from the fact he's not a big name?

4 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

My biggest issue with this hire, is the TE coach for so long.  If all that experience was with the O line, I would be fine. 

I really think these hires tell us how other NFL personnel feel about McBeane's job security outside of Buffalo.

FA could get ugly.

Oh brother!