Former MLB Pitcher John Wetteland Arrested for Child Sexual Abuse

Gugny

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Mel Hall may very well have been the worst human being ever to play MLB.  Bullied Bernie Williams as well when he just got called up

I remember him being drafted out of Port Byron High School but never really followed him.   Seems there is an entire story on him.

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/7/15/5883593/the-many-crimes-of-mel-hall

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Did I miss something?

Just googled this. can't seem to find anything that proves this true or false. 

Very easy.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/mindy-mccready-weeps-confirms-affair-roger-clemens-article-1.283955

Sounds like Michael Jackson fable - in bed but no sex.

The News reported that the two met in a Florida karaoke bar when McCready was a 15-year-old aspiring singer and Clemens was a 28-year-old ace for the Red Sox and a married father of two.

After the teenage McCready met Clemens at a Fort Myers bar called The Hired Hand, she returned with the Rocket to his hotel room, but there was no sex that night, sources told The News.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Very easy.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/mindy-mccready-weeps-confirms-affair-roger-clemens-article-1.283955

Sounds like Michael Jackson fable - in bed but no sex.

The News reported that the two met in a Florida karaoke bar when McCready was a 15-year-old aspiring singer and Clemens was a 28-year-old ace for the Red Sox and a married father of two.

After the teenage McCready met Clemens at a Fort Myers bar called The Hired Hand, she returned with the Rocket to his hotel room, but there was no sex that night, sources told The News.

Yup.  And Bill Clinton didn't inhale, Ray Lewis didn't stab anyone and OJ is innocent.

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

that was the most incredible 2 minutes of baseball history as it went down live

everyone watching just stared at the screen open-mouthed wondering WTF was that!!!

Are you talking about when Clemens beaned Piazza regular season? I didn't think that got much play outside NY. Until Clemens threw Piazza's sawed off bat at him in the WS months later.

Regardless, if the charges against Wetteland have merit...repulsive.. 

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Are you talking about when Clemens beaned Piazza regular season? I didn't think that got much play outside NY. Until Clemens threw Piazza's sawed off bat at him in the WS months later.

Regardless, if the charges against Wetteland have merit...repulsive.. 

I think they're mixing up the two incidences, too.

Clemens threw at and hit opponents all the time. One of the all time precision right handed flamethrowers to use this tactic.

He only threw a broken bat back at one opponent.

Clemens called out Barry Bonds for the piece of plastic on his arm, and then hit him on it.

Edited by row_33

He's from my hometown. Faced him a few times in high school / Babe Ruth ball, looked absolutely stupid in the batters box against him. I always remember when Cardinal Newman came to play, the scouts were there in droves to watch him. Sad to hear, a bit of a shock. If true, he's a ?

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

He also said he didn't mean to hit Piazza in the head. 

When, Gugny said this

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

that was the most incredible 2 minutes of baseball history as it went down live

everyone watching just stared at the screen open-mouthed wondering WTF was that!!!

You said this.