Things You Got In Trouble For That You Didn't Do

The last thread about what you got in trouble for as a kid, got remembering things I got in trouble for that I didn't do. 

Once, my aunt had an antique wooden dresser, and she found mine and my brother's name carved into it. We were both grounded for about two days until my brother finally confessed that he did it.

But the one that still stands out, was I lived in the upstairs of a duplex in West Seneca. Landlord lived downstairs. Landlord, who I'd guess what about 30s or 40s at the time, told my parents that I spit on her from our second story balcony. I was grounded for two weeks, and to this day I I know I didn't do it. Not sure how much my mom believes me, but I will testify in court that I didn't do it. 

4 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

The last thread about what you got in trouble for as a kid, got remembering things I got in trouble for that I didn't do. 

Once, my aunt had an antique wooden dresser, and she found mine and my brother's name carved into it. We were both grounded for about two days until my brother finally confessed that he did it.

But the one that still stands out, was I lived in the upstairs of a duplex in West Seneca. Landlord lived downstairs. Landlord, who I'd guess what about 30s or 40s at the time, told my parents that I spit on her from our second story balcony. I was grounded for two weeks, and to this day I I know I didn't do it. Not sure how much my mom believes me, but I will testify in court that I didn't do it. 

It was Keith Hernandez.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

DWAI in college. Hopped into the front seat to change the radio station while my buddies were making a stop at a house. My friend, who was the DD, came back out of the house while I was being arrested and tried to explain that I hadn't driven. Didn't matter.

Pretty much anything my step siblings did while living with my step dad. From 3rd-6th grade there might have been a week total that I wasn't grounded.  Step dad would watch his kids do something bad then punish me for it. If I said I didn't do it he made me write "I will not lie" 500 to 1000 times.  Made me lose respect for authority.  His daughter left a mess before dinner at his family's house and he took me in a room and started throwing me around into the walls screaming his head off. His sister came in and defended me. I went to live with my dad until my mom could get out of his house. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

One time my mother spanked me for something my brother did.  Upon hearing my protests she smacked him.  Then she looked at me and said “I know you did something today worthy of what you got!”

CPS did not exist back in those days ... :lol:

i have started watching a show on ABC called "The Kids are Alright"..based in the early 70's, pretty funny depiction of our childhoods. Give it a try

I shot the sheriff but I did not kill the deputy 

10 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

One time my mother spanked me for something my brother did.  Upon hearing my protests she smacked him.  Then she looked at me and said “I know you did something today worthy of what you got!”

Been there done that....    

When I lived in Phoenix, I was at a bar with some friends.  It was towards the end of the night and I was heading out the door.  I got behind a group of guys who got into a big fight.

I waited until clearance to slip out the door.  When I did slip out the door, a cop grabbed me by the back of the head and pushed me down to the ground.  I had to sit on the sidewalk and handcuffed.

My other friends were telling the cop I wasn't a apart of the fight...so did I but this cop had a Napoleon complex.  He was a  young, small and skinny little BWORD.  

I looked over at another cop, this guy was older, and I told him that I'm not a part of that group.  The skinny cop overheard me and then raised his voice at me if I say another word, he's throwing me in the back of the car so "just sit there and shut up!".

I was there for about 35-40 minutes before they were able to "organize" the situation and finally release me when they were able to determine I wasn't involved.

Got my head smashed into a brick wall by the police leaving a bar in Geneva one time because I was wearing a baseball hat like some ####### who stole a couple bottles from behind the bar.  

Two or three unmarked cars pulled up, a bunch of cops jumped out, and they tackled me into the wall face first.  Messed up my face pretty good.  Placed me under arrest, and I spent the night in the drunk tank, but ended up not being charged.  

Geneva cops are a**holes.

18 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

long story..but in reverse. Dad found my weed in the old car out front brother and i was trying to restore..blamed it on my brother. He was the black sheep anyhow. Pops totally believed me!!!!

Similar story. Mom was doing laundry and found a pack of papers on the pile. I knew they were my brothers. They definitely weren't mine, but I couldn't tell her why. They were EZ Wider 1 1/2's and I used Zig Zag single width. Mom, they weren't my brand!

• Haha (+1) 2

On 1/15/2019 at 2:07 PM, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

DWAI in college. Hopped into the front seat to change the radio station while my buddies were making a stop at a house. My friend, who was the DD, came back out of the house while I was being arrested and tried to explain that I hadn't driven. Didn't matter.

Why would they check you sitting in front of a house?

Me and a few friends were walking down the road and an old man drove by so I waved... he stops the car and yells at me saying I gave him the middle finger.

I was an auditor for a company and we were counting a Whole Foods. A lady came up to me and looked me straight in the eyes and said "Do you know where the Cashews are?" I told her sorry but I have never been j this store before and I dont actually work here." 

She then started to scream at me saying "How could you do that to a blind woman, You absolutely work here and you are doing this b.c I am blind!"

I told her I had no idea she was blind but I still dont work." She started calling me a liar and screaming so I had to walk away. Whole Foods wouldnt let me count there again. What did I do?

Edited by Boca BIlls

On 1/15/2019 at 7:57 PM, BuffaloBill said:

My dad always told me this. Speaking of CPS, whenever I was in trouble, I told my mom I was gonna call CPS and tell them she spanked me. Her reply was "Good. They take you away, not me." 

On 1/15/2019 at 2:07 PM, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

This one sucks, did it eventually go away? I can't imagine with your friend the DD testifying that this would be upheld.

I had a friend who had 3 DWI's. Would have had a fourth but the only one that he caused any damage in was the one he got away with. Drove into a phone poll in the middle of the night. Did enough damage that he couldn't go anywhere. Turned off the truck and put the keys in the ash tray. Lit a cigarette. Finished it, put it out and closed the ash tray and went to sleep. Next morning someone called the cops, he still couldn't pass the breathalyzer. Cop couldn't find his keys. Neither could he. Car got towed away. No proof as to who was driving, so no DWI. Lock smith had to create a new set of keys. After his truck was fixed he got it from the garage, lit a cigarette, opened the ashtray and there were his keys. (Yes he was an alcoholic.)

21 minutes ago, Steve O said:

This one sucks, did it eventually go away? I can't imagine with your friend the DD testifying that this would be upheld.

I had a friend who had 3 DWI's. Would have had a fourth but the only one that he caused any damage in was the one he got away with. Drove into a phone poll in the middle of the night. Did enough damage that he couldn't go anywhere. Turned off the truck and put the keys in the ash tray. Lit a cigarette. Finished it, put it out and closed the ash tray and went to sleep. Next morning someone called the cops, he still couldn't pass the breathalyzer. Cop couldn't find his keys. Neither could he. Car got towed away. No proof as to who was driving, so no DWI. Lock smith had to create a new set of keys. After his truck was fixed he got it from the garage, lit a cigarette, opened the ashtray and there were his keys. (Yes he was an alcoholic.)

That's nuts.

I luckily had it reduced from a DWI to DWAI so it is only considered a traffic violation now. It affected my insurance for a while but that's finally better.

Silver lining. I haven't driven if I've had more than a couple beers since. I used to drive drunk before that more often than I'd like to admit. I learned my lesson without having anything terrible happen to myself or anyone else.

1 minute ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

That's nuts.

I luckily had it reduced from a DWI to DWAI so it is only considered a traffic violation now. It affected my insurance for a while but that's finally better.

Silver lining. I haven't driven if I've had more than a couple beers since. I used to drive drunk before that more often than I'd like to admit. I learned my lesson without having anything terrible happen to myself or anyone else.

Sounds like it was still worse that you deserved. But it also sounds like you got away with a few. Good you learned your lesson without anyone paying too high a price. 

Black lining, my friend died of cirrhosis at 45. He looked 85.