Do you let your adult children sleep in your bed?

Our Ellie snuggles in between us every night..75 or so pounds,pure pit bull.

She's a rescue doggie and was abused during her first year of life,beat and left outside tied up..she has some joint areas that will never grow back fur...she's spoiled now.

She runs the show...nothing is off limits..other beds,couches,my recliner,love seat..

When our schnauzer was getting older, like ten years old, we decided she could sleep in our bed. At that age she was pretty calm and didn’t move around much in the night. She was the size of a typical cat, so no big deal. She lived to be fifteen. She was a good dog. 

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've had two pets in the past, both about 15 lbs and I used to let them sleep in my bed.  

Some of you know from the other thread, that I'm looking to adopt a golden.  Golden's can be anywhere from 50-90 lbs and shed a lot.  

I'm thinking that if I do get the dog I'm targeted, probably have him sleep in a dog bed or crate next to the bed.

no, i sleep in their bed. much easier that way.

Our Walkerhound never did, but he would sleep in a chair or one side of a couch. He only moved to a bed on the coldest days.

Our Jack-a-bee...pfft, the first thing he does it look for someone in bed. And he doesn't just lay on the bed, he burrows under a blanket and completely covers himself up.

We got him at the shelter, they said he was a stray, and I've wondered if having to hide himself at night while he was on the streets doesn't have something to do with the burrowing.

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've had two pets in the past, both about 15 lbs and I used to let them sleep in my bed.  

Some of you know from the other thread, that I'm looking to adopt a golden.  Golden's can be anywhere from 50-90 lbs and shed a lot.  

I'm thinking that if I do get the dog I'm targeted, probably have him sleep in a dog bed or crate next to the bed.

Isn't it a "cage."

I love telling my whacked dog people (not to say you are Rw/C... ?) this... It gets them going.  Is is really so bad to put them in a cage.  A crate, IMO, implies that you can't "cage them"  which one is really doing!  LoL...

I love semantics and people's emotions. 

It’s always a stage in life when the dog or cat can’t easily leap up on the bed, suffering a hit like Christian Akoye took.

my cats have made an immediate determined effort put a little more leg power into the second and successful attempt.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

It’s always a stage in life when the dog or cat can’t easily leap up on the bed, suffering a hit like Christian Akoye took.

my cats have made an immediate determined effort put a little more leg power into the second and successful attempt.

Build a ramp you cruel bassta.... ?

No. My cat goes out once it starts getting dark, stays out all night, then comes back in the morning and sleeps all day. I was never even a cat person but I took him in cause he was homeless. In my neck of the woods I'm surprised he isn't dead or spray painted every day. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I had two Goldens when I met my wife. It was a package deal. As long as they lived they tried to wedge themselves between us, despite seeming to love my wife as much as she loved them. The most recent 60 lb Golden we were going to try to keep her on the floor or her bed, but she had a health scare and we almost lost her when she was two. She’s 9 now and she’s welcome anywhere she wants to go. Sleeps in our bed at night and her bed in my wife’s closet much of the day. If I snore and the wife leaves, the dog goes with her. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Augie said:

I had two Goldens when I met my wife. It was a package deal. As long as they lived they tried to wedge themselves between us, despite seeming to love my wife as much as she loved them. The most recent 60 lb Golden we were going to try to keep her on the floor or her bed, but she had a health scare and we almost lost her when she was two. She’s 9 now and she’s welcome anywhere she wants to go. Sleeps in our bed at night and her bed in my wife’s closet much of the day. If I snore and the wife leaves, the dog goes with her. 

Can't say I blame the dog!  Dogs don't like snoring either! Only like it when they are snoring!

?

• Like (+1) 1