Do you let your adult children sleep in your bed?

When I was young &  had my first dog that wasn’t the ‘family dog’ he slept on the bed- when he was a puppy he’d whimper until on the bed, I broke easy then. Had GF’s who loved him, others were m’eh. Those that loved him, let him sleep on bed. He’d sit in the front of the car & go everywhere with me.  He’d crack it if someone sat in the front, sit and give them the ‘Paddington Stare’. Once, he just came through the gap between driver and passenger seat and sat on the GF’s lap. Was a great dog.

The other 2, no. They have beds & a command for going to bed.

Wife isn’t into dogs, though when pregnant, the girl dog would sleep next to her and follow her around constantly. Now the girl’s 16 1/2 & sleeps on a dog mattress or day bed, the younger dog has a bed, though often will be found in doorway of kids bedrooms, blocking door. Running joke with kids is he’s never asleep on the couch, if my wife catches him on couch he’ll often bury head under cushion, he’s occasionally on couch, I think he knows it pisses her off.

16 hours ago, Bandito said:

I am dating someone and her not allowing her rat dog thing to sleep in her bed makes her more attractive

Just having a rat dog is auto DQ. Can't stand those things and they want to bring them everywhere. 

No pets in bedroom. Have enough trouble sleeping as it is, I don't need the cat trying to style my hair at 3 am. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Do traditional farm animals count?  Asking for a friend..

15-year-old Queensland heeler does not. Never has.  She sleeps on a dog bed in the room. 

The two cats, yes..but they sleep around.  Usually with us but more and more with the boys.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hmmmmm....l kinda would like to know a little more to this.

I go to bed - no cat.................I wake up and there's a cat sleeping on my hip, my chest, etc. - depending on what position I'm in. 

Looks something like this:

85492892.jpg

29 minutes ago, bbb said:

I go to bed - no cat.................I wake up and there's a cat sleeping on my hip, my chest, etc. - depending on what position I'm in. 

Looks something like this:

85492892.jpg

I am calling Fake News!© You're NOT that cute!

But, anyway same here.  I got two of them spooning, hogging the middle of a king sized bed right now, pressing against my feet... /smh

Little basstar....s

?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On 1/15/2019 at 12:58 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I've had two friends in the past that let their adult children sleep with them.  One was 185 lbs and the other had a 225 lbs.

My son is 3 and I let him sleep in my bed now but probably will make him stop when he starts elementary school.

i'm slightly perplexed as to what exactly is going on here.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:58 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I've had two friends in the past that let their adult children sleep with them.  One was 185 lbs and the other had a 225 lbs.

My son is 3 and I let him sleep in my bed now but probably will make him stop when he starts elementary school.

My kids often start there when it’s bed time, group story then 1 by 1 relocation occurs. The youngest usually ends up in there most nights, he’s be 45lbs dripping wet...