Eagles officially choose Wentz over Foles

Alphadawg7

10 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Brett Favre thinks the Eagles should stick with Nick Foles over Carson Wentz moving forward.

The Packers legend says he thinks highly of Wentz but values Foles' proven ability to win big games

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brett-favre-thinks-the-eagles-should-stick-with-nick-foles-over-carson-wentz-moving-forward/

"Nick Foles, to me, is more of a (Tom) Brady-esque-type quarterback," Favre said. "Very limited in what he can do but very, very good in what he does. He's a pure pocket passer, and he's great at dishing it out, and he's proven that he's clutch ... he's proven that he can win the big games. That, I think, is what we have to look at, or the Eagles -- it's about winning, it's about being clutch, doing, really, what you expect your players to do. And he does it as well as anyone."

If you actually watch the games this is what you see. Foles is a quick reader of the field. He will do well in a quick pass offense like the Pats run. He'd probably be better then he's shown in an RPO offense.

Unnamed Eagles begin to push back against Carson Wentz

While he has been described as “incredibly hard working,” “determined,” and “highly intelligent,” Wentz also has been dubbed as, quoting from the story, “‘selfish,’ ‘uncompromising,’ ‘egotistical,’ one who plays ‘favorites’ and doesn’t like to be ‘questioned,’ one who needs to ‘practice what he preaches’ and fails ‘to take accountability.'”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/unnamed-eagles-begin-push-back-153413648.html

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

All signs point to Jax.  They have an an extra 3rd rounder.  Mr Personality needs to win next year.  Philly isn’t gonna want Foles in NFC.  

.......plenty of rumors about Jax, reuniting with newly hired QB Coach Difilippo from Eagles............

58 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Redskins need a QB. They could over pay 

They cant afford to overpay, still owe Alex Smith a ton of money too.  He wont be a Redskin IMO.  

Most likely landing spots are likely Jax or Mia in my opinion.  Denver could be a dark horse.  

On 1/16/2019 at 8:44 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Please. Foles didn't get them to that Super Bowl. Wentz did the large majority of the QBing that season. When Foles QB'd that team went 2-1 before the playoffs, while under Wentz they went 11-2. And that 2-1 was against the 3-13 Giants, the 6-10 Raiders and a loss with zero points scored against the 9-7 Cowboys. Foles played decently and well in the playoffs, but he didn't get them that championship. He took the baton and ran pretty well the last few miles of the marathon.

They had home field advantage throughout the playoffs and that was huge.

Foles has been in a great situation, because each year he's come in late and teams don't have a ton of video on him. Over a whole season, Foles can be figured out.

I hope you're right that Foles can be a franchise guy but you have to prove that over more than a few games a season.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:55 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

Obviously you didn't watch wentz this year.

Obviously you don't read my post. The only thing I wrote about Wentz in it was about 2017.

Even more obvious ... you don't know what I watched this year, particularly from reading a post which said nothing about Wentz this year.

Edited by Thurman#1

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They cant afford to overpay, still owe Alex Smith a ton of money too.  He wont be a Redskin IMO.  

Most likely landing spots are likely Jax or Mia in my opinion.  Denver could be a dark horse.  

Alex isn’t certain to play football again. He’ll be 36 in the next training camp he can participate in and a whole year off might change his thoughts on re entering the grind. 

Could easily see him hang em up 

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Alex isn’t certain to play football again. He’ll be 36 in the next training camp he can participate in and a whole year off might change his thoughts on re entering the grind. 

Could easily see him hang em up 

Well that would need to happen soon, we are taking about FA that’s coming up next month.  So yeah, I agree it could be something that happens, but for Washington to afford to spend big on a QB in FA this would all have to be known and happen in the next 30 days.  And so far there is no signs or indication Alex Smith is about to retire.  They aren’t even sure he will have to miss the 2019 season yet.  His season is in jeopardy, but it’s not for sure he will all of it, part of it, or none of it.  

On 2/6/2019 at 5:30 AM, BuffaloRebound said:

All signs point to Jax.  They have an an extra 3rd rounder.  Mr Personality needs to win next year.  Philly isn’t gonna want Foles in NFC.  

What if they're not all that concerned with Foles thriving in Washington and the Skins offer the best deal?

Remember when the Pats had no concern about trading Bledsoe to a certain AFCE squad?

I'm of the opinion that Foles could very well fail outside of that particular system. Perhaps the Eagles feel the same.

PHILADELPHIA -- Nick Foles was quick to void his 2019 option year with the Philadelphia Eagles and is wasting no time ponying up $2 million as part of that buyout.

According to a source, the payment was being taken care of Wednesday, one day after Foles opted out.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25937919/nick-foles-makes-2-million-buyout-philadelphia-eagles

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well that would need to happen soon, we are taking about FA that’s coming up next month.  So yeah, I agree it could be something that happens, but for Washington to afford to spend big on a QB in FA this would all have to be known and happen in the next 30 days.  And so far there is no signs or indication Alex Smith is about to retire.  They aren’t even sure he will have to miss the 2019 season yet.  His season is in jeopardy, but it’s not for sure he will all of it, part of it, or none of it.  

Maybe not ‘SURE’, but asserted they belive he will and are planning accordingly 

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001013656/article/redskins-believe-alex-smith-leg-will-miss-all-of-2019?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league;team%3Dwas;conf%3Dnfc;dvsn%3Dnce;plyr%3Djoshua_johnson;plyr%3Dmark_sanchez&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

20 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

What if they're not all that concerned with Foles thriving in Washington and the Skins offer the best deal?

Remember when the Pats had no concern about trading Bledsoe to a certain AFCE squad?

I'm of the opinion that Foles could very well fail outside of that particular system. Perhaps the Eagles feel the same.

He already has.  People like to blame Fisher for Foles woes.  But that is an overly simplistic notion