Dave DeGugielmo O Line Available

Ittakestime

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Supposedly Reich is now recommending/ vouching for him...He inherited him last year in the washup of the McDaniels debacle and now wants to bring in “his guy”...Seems strange but not unusual in the world of NFL coaching...

Personally I don’t care if his personality is a bit rough around the edges... just so long as he gets the results...

I don't believe the words, just the actions, sorry.

Yes, the results are important and should have been important to BB* and Reich. That's my point, the results weren't extraordinary enough to keep him. Maybe it's nothing, but it seems a little odd to me. 

4 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Yes, the results are important and should have been important to BB* and Reich. That's my point, the results weren't extraordinary enough to keep him. Maybe it's nothing, but it seems a little odd to me. 

Ok.. who do you want instead?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

They had poor talent on that line.  He’s an OL coach not a miracle worker 

A couple of other posters mentioned as much.  Pats article completely pinned it on DeGugielmo, which probably shouldn't be surprising since the article was written when he was just fired from NE.

11 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Well i can see it now.. This guy is becoming the godly OL coach and if he’s not hired a board meltdown will follow. 

There will be criticism either way..

If he is hired and stinks up the place there will be a  lot of "I told you so's" in a year's time...

In short.. just like every other decision that gets made...

49 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Supposedly Reich is now recommending/ vouching for him...He inherited him last year in the washup of the McDaniels debacle and now wants to bring in “his guy”...Seems strange but not unusual in the world of NFL coaching...

Personally I don’t care if his personality is a bit rough around the edges... just so long as he gets the results...

I would love to get that scumbag Kromer back.

I'd actually prefer someone rough around the edges coaching offensive lineman. I'd be happy to land this DeGugeilmo character as OL Coach even if I have to look up his name every time I type it. Much more interested in the OL/Run Game coordinator than ST coach.

It's entirely conceivable this was a mutual decision considering he signed on to work for McDaniels. Personality clashes among qualified coaches happen all the time. Not a big deal for me.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Any concern about how poorly the Pats OLine played in 2014 and 2015?  They had a hard time protecting Brady, who was hit a lot those years.  The next year (2016) Scarnecchia came out of retirement and the Pats won the SB with much better OLine protection.  The Pats run an EP system, as do we, though I'm thinking theirs is much more advanced.  I don't know what Indy runs.  You don't see any potential problems with pass blocking under DeGugielmo?

Bryan Stork was tipping snaps though as well.  Scar is a great o-line coach but he missed the 2 years Stork was in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

How about the action of McDaniels hiring him on to be his o-line coach?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I would love to get that scumbag Kromer back.

I'd actually prefer someone rough around the edges coaching offensive lineman. I'd be happy to land this DeGugeilmo character as OL Coach even if I have to look up his name every time I type it. Much more interested in the OL/Run Game coordinator than ST coach.

It's entirely conceivable this was a mutual decision considering he signed on to work for McDaniels. Personality clashes among qualified coaches happen all the time. Not a big deal for me.

Cant say that I am an expert on this guy or any other available OL coach, but I agree that at this stage he would seem like a good get...

Would be interested to know if he had any say on the guys they drafted last year.. you would assume so... Nelson was probably a no brainer,  but Braden Smith at pick 36 was in hindsight a very good pick...

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Cant say that I am an expert on this guy or any other available OL coach, but I agree that at this stage he would seem like a good get...

Would be interested to know if he had any say on the guys they drafted last year.. you would assume so... Nelson was probably a no brainer,  but Braden Smith at pick 36 was in hindsight a very good pick...

Let's just keep it real here. When it comes to position coaches, all we can really do is guess based on rankings/etc. There are a number of variables that come into play and different situations that factor into success or failure. I don't want to see Bob Wylie eating up space on the sideline, so this is a better option for me. The Colts had success with the OL and running the football, so that's a plus, but we really don't know.

Edited by LSHMEAB