Bills hire Heath Farwell as ST coordinator

Roundybout

21 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Exactly.

The objective in the NFL is to win every game possible and finish first.

You can't have the 18th best coaching staff and 18th best QB and reasonably expect to have the best team.

Now you gotta' start somewhere with hires...........but the idea that you have to go into mediocre-looking hires with a completely open mind and years of patience is baloney.

It's OK to be skeptical of hires that don't look excellent based on their past track record.

So much random conjecture here it's stunning.  First of all, Farwell didn't "run the show" at Carolina -- he was an assistant.  So now we hang the ST rankings on the assistant coach?  I guess McD is also an idiot for keeping Smiley on the Bills' staff since he was their assistant ST coach last year.

"Mediocre-looking hires" -- according to whom?  The guy was a ST all-pro, won a Super Bowl, and played and coached under a great organization.  Where is this spotty track record of which you speak?  We all know it's his first shot at being "the guy" but aside from that, where are the red flags?

2 hours ago, eball said:

So much random conjecture here it's stunning.  First of all, Farwell didn't "run the show" at Carolina -- he was an assistant.  So now we hang the ST rankings on the assistant coach?  I guess McD is also an idiot for keeping Smiley on the Bills' staff since he was their assistant ST coach last year.

"Mediocre-looking hires" -- according to whom?  The guy was a ST all-pro, won a Super Bowl, and played and coached under a great organization.  Where is this spotty track record of which you speak?  We all know it's his first shot at being "the guy" but aside from that, where are the red flags?

Where in that "random conjecture" did I say McD was an idiot?   Talk about random conjecture.........you been drinkin' early eeb?:flirt:

My point is that it's important to remember that the objective is to put the best team together that you can.......coaches, players, executives.

That doesn't mean you have to be outraged by hires of either previously unsuccessful or untried coaches.........but given the ultra-competitive nature of the sport it's plenty OK to start at "show me you can do it" rather than the apologist go-to "show me you can't".

I don't have anything against the Farwell hire............but would I rather it been a proven effective ST coach with McD going into a very critical 3rd year?   Of course.   Same with the O-Line.   This is a big year for McBeane.......if the wheels come off they could be gone...........and yeah bad ST's and bad OL play could do that.  

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s 2019. To exist is to be outraged. 

If you spent a lot less time on social media you might find out otherwise.

And since we are using this forum for social commentary about our fellow posters.......

I am sure you are aware that you have a serious online addiction dude...........and if you want to know how much people respect you just take a look at all of the mocking that 26CB is getting OTW...........not very nice for all the info and time he's put in here eh?...........but it's human nature........people can like those who live perversely but they are naturally inclined not to respect them.   They'll be laughing at you when you finally seek help and/or call it quits as a linkster and the only difference on TSW will be the info arriving 5-10 seconds later like it was with our prior, broader group of linksters before 26 showed up.   You only live once dude.........don't waste it trying to impress TSW or Buckize.com:thumbsup: