Bills hire Heath Farwell as ST coordinator

Roundybout

1 hour ago, Looper said:

Gotta think Hausch wasn't 100% on a few of those kicks. 

For sure - but he was so bad down the stretch that he was a bottom what 5 kicker in the league at the end of the day?  I'd like to bring in some competitions.

As for the Punters - Schmidt and Darr were the worst 2 punters in the NFL and Bojorquez made quite a few mistakes - he shouldn't be guaranteed a job either.

4 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

not a very long list

The Pegula’s hired McD and Beane, so scratch them. They don’t get credit/blame for hiring themselves. Other than that 4 players....out of how many coming and going over the last year? I’m not saying there is ZERO chance that familiarity helps, but not overwhelming I’d say. It maybe could feel that way....

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Let's see, off the top of my head:

McDermott

Beane

Star Lotulelei

Kelvin Benjamin

Kaelin Clay

Dean Marlowe

EDIT: And now Farwell

Hmmm... you said "McBeane personnel". Let's check out your list: first "McBeane" didnt hire themselves - take those two off the list. Star, Benjamin, Clay and Marlowe are players - take them off the list. This leaves only Farwell as "personnel"...helluva list there buddy!

PS EVEN if you consider players as "personnel" it still is a pretty short list seeing how the football operations has over 170 people (front office staff, trainers, all kinds of coaches, and players).

Edited by aceman_16
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Augie said:

The Pegula’s hired McD and Beane, so scratch them. They don’t get credit/blame for hiring themselves. Other than that 4 players....out of how many coming and going over the last year? I’m not saying there is ZERO chance that familiarity helps, but not overwhelming I’d say. It maybe could feel that way....

Complains that McBean bring in too many people from Carolina, but then includes them on his list to pad numbers. This narrative is so frustrating and ridiculous. Did he not read the earlier post made about other teams having more former players on the Bills than Carolina? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Let's see, off the top of my head:

McDermott

Beane

Star Lotulelei

Kelvin Benjamin

Kaelin Clay

Dean Marlowe

So, in this list of "McBeane's" personnel hiring you included McDermott and Beane? ?

Secondly, who uses the language the Bills "hired" Kelvin Benjamin? You complained about their hirings. That refers to coaches, not a handful of players they signed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

The challenge for special teams recently has been the profound chan ges in thr rules.  This is especially true for kickoffs.  Rules changes affect both the kicking and the receivi9ng teams.  It may be that one of Danny Crossman's major shortcomings was his inability to adapt well to the rules changes.  I think mybe in this case it is an advantage to hire a guy who is fairly new to the coaching ranks as he might not be dragged down by attachments to old concepts as Crossman seemed to be.  I don't care whether or not he's from Carolina.

I expect punter & Haushka will be fine next season. To your point about new rules, the biggest fix I want to see is the oldest rule in the book; don’t take stupid penalties. If we add a legit return man with speed & wiggle in addition to stopping stupid penalties, we’ll be much improved. If not, Farewell Farwell.. (had to do it..)

• Like (+1) 1

I love this thread.

LOVE this thread.

58 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The way McBeane love to hire people they already know from Carolina appears sophomoric.

I have no idea if this guy is any good; I guess we'll find out.

Special delivery:

yodaL.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

My biggest question on this surrounds the hiring of the WR coaches the past 2 years, both only lasted one. Maybe has to do with OC change though. 

I think Culley probably gives them some luxury there as he has been a WR positional coach many times in his career.

Will be interesting to see who they bring in if they fill the vacancy and if that guy has a Culley connection.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

So, in this list of "McBeane's" personnel hiring you included McDermott and Beane? ?

Secondly, who uses the language the Bills "hired" Kelvin Benjamin? You complained about their hirings. That refers to coaches, not a handful of players they signed.

some of you folks seem grumpy.

Every Coach and GM have friends, and certainly use that connectivity to develop the Team in any fashion possible.

Especially a first time HC.
after a season of two McBeane might be more able to chase their wish list better. I feel Daboll was one of those.
and now he is influencing what the shape of the Offense is becoming.
 just my opinion of course.

and i thought they were overly biased with Carolina players, but i understood why. and why Thomas Davis might fit.

But KB was a major error and set my faith back on Beanes a notch

PS

I am very on board with this hire.

Do like the youth feature with Farwell , and not very distanced from playing time either. Great perspective to have on both counts

: )

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I expect punter & Haushka will be fine next season. To your point about new rules, the biggest fix I want to see is the oldest rule in the book; don’t take stupid penalties. If we add a legit return man with speed & wiggle in addition to stopping stupid penalties, we’ll be much improved. If not, Farewell Farwell.. (had to do it..)

yes indeed.

same with O line as an aside ^

• Like (+1) 1