Would Cordy Glenn be an option in FA?

STL-Bills

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I guess we need to bring in some athiests to appease the masses...

Seriously, what does religion have to do with anything?

Because every player that has been bought it during this regime has that in common

34 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Because every player that has been bought it during this regime has that in common

You've checked the religion status of every single player that has been brought in?

Seems like you are obsessed and need to take a break from this team. Is there an athiest coach out there you can root for?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

why would the bengals cut him? he's a very cheap left taclke at 9 mil for two more years and by all accounts played well for them. 

Yolo said something about him not being very well thought of in Cincy but didn't clarify.  I can only assume that meant they didn't think he was all that good.

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

why would the bengals cut him? he's a very cheap left taclke at 9 mil for two more years and by all accounts played well for them. 

I believe early in the year he played well, but then injuries and missed snaps mounted up.  He missed 3 full games and parts of several others. 

I do not think by the end the team was thrilled with the amount of time he missed and the rehab and work that went into getting ready.  

I don’t know if they will cut him, but it has been over 3 seasons since he played all 16 games and the amount of missed games and snaps have been adding up.  I don’t think they can count on him to be healthy and therefore he might not be suited to be a starter in the league any longer and 9 million for a partial back-up is a lot.

It is also the potential out year with no dead cap money - so if they want to rebuild - try to trade and then cut him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Yolo said something about him not being very well thought of in Cincy but didn't clarify.  I can only assume that meant they didn't think he was all that good.

...think he started the first 12 games and Dalton was sacked 21 times or 1.75 per game......don't know his individual stats on sacks surrendered though....then he was hit with back problems......thought his Bflo problems were his feet, so he may not be a bad pickup......subject to "processing" of course.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

9 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Not a process guy. Nothing on his twitter bio about faith or God.

How about he hasn’t been healthy since 15. Hasn’t played a full season in three years. Pff rated 67 best tackle. Dawkins off rated 37 best tackle. On makes 900k. The other makes 10+ mil. Easy answer no don’t throw away the cap space on an unhealthy, less rated, more expensive option. Has nothing to do with process, just about being smart and not a completely insane person. 

9 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He already got his big contract.  Most guys in his shoes lose the motivation and never re-gain their prior form post injuries and after having enough money for them and their kids to not work a day in their lives.  

So in other words a Mario or Marcel outcome.

9 hours ago, STL-Bills said:

If the Bengals were to cut Glenn (which I believe they can without suffering any cap penalties at this point) would you be interested in bringing him back? I'd be hesitant, but if the contract was reasonable I'd be happy to have him in the fold. Not sure if he could play RT, but I believe Dawkins could move there if necessary and be in the upper echelon of RT's in the league. Just a thought, Go Bills!

Why would a team interested in winning football games with some regularity cut a good/solid LT?  Why would a good/solid LT re-sign for bottom feeder money to play RT for the team that traded him away when he could make much more playing LT for another team? 

FTR, Glenn is a superior LT to Dawkins, who is, at best, adequate.  He's the one who should be moved to RT -- or better yet, to G where he could actually be good.

9 hours ago, STL-Bills said:

I haven't seen anything other than pure speculation, but if they are rebuilding I could certainly see them looking to save the 9MIL+ in cash they'll owe him each of the next two years.

Not all teams are as stupid as the Bills.  They understand the importance of having a decent OL anchored by a solid LT.

7 hours ago, WMDman said:

They traded him for a reason

Yeah, the reason is stupidity. 

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I believe early in the year he played well, but then injuries and missed snaps mounted up.  He missed 3 full games and parts of several others. 

I do not think by the end the team was thrilled with the amount of time he missed and the rehab and work that went into getting ready.  

I don’t know if they will cut him, but it has been over 3 seasons since he played all 16 games and the amount of missed games and snaps have been adding up.  I don’t think they can count on him to be healthy and therefore he might not be suited to be a starter in the league any longer and 9 million for a partial back-up is a lot.

It is also the potential out year with no dead cap money - so if they want to rebuild - try to trade and then cut him.

Most OLers miss games due to injury.  It's the nature of playing "in the trenches" where big bodies are always falling on one another.   Since Glenn's 2018 injury was unrelated to his previous injuries, why would he "might not be suited to be a starter in the league any longer"?   I mean other than Bills' fans looking for excuses to justify the Bills trading away a good LT and leaving their potential franchise QB unprotected?

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, STL-Bills said:

Yes, that reason being that he provided the necessary value needed to move from 21 to 13 in the draft and to better position themselves to make a move for a QB. I don't think it had anything to do with them not valuing Glenn, more so the opposite.

He was also considered expendable because they drafted Dawkins, who did well as a fillin when Glenn missed games. 

10 hours ago, STL-Bills said:

If the Bengals were to cut Glenn (which I believe they can without suffering any cap penalties at this point) would you be interested in bringing him back? I'd be hesitant, but if the contract was reasonable I'd be happy to have him in the fold. Not sure if he could play RT, but I believe Dawkins could move there if necessary and be in the upper echelon of RT's in the league. Just a thought, Go Bills!

If Glenn were a promising guy in the process, they would have kept him.  I doubt they'll want him back.