Would Cordy Glenn be an option in FA?

STL-Bills

On 1/15/2019 at 9:22 AM, STL-Bills said:

My thought as well. He's a solid OT, and having depth there would be a huge plus. Obviously that's what everyone wants, and its been discussed ad nauseam, but I think Glenn is a better option than any of the players currently scheduled for FA at OT (I like Massie and James, but I think Glenn is a little better).

I think he could be one of if not the best RT in the league.  He is a big dude and was already a great LT.  Would love to have him back.  Kick Dawkins to LG and let Cordy be LT, or bring in a stud LT and move Cordy to RT.  Man what a line that would be. 

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If the rumors on why the Bills traded him are true, no way McDermott wants him back.  

what rumors were those? I dont recall any

15 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I think he could be one of if not the best RT in the league.  He is a big dude and was already a great LT.  Would love to have him back.  Kick Dawkins to LG and let Cordy be LT, or bring in a stud LT and move Cordy to RT.  Man what a line that would be. 

what rumors were those? I dont recall any

Basically he wasn't a hard worker and didn't put in the commitment to the training room for his ankle injury.  

He is a top 15 LT when healthy and there are multiple teams with tens of millions in cap space. If he is cut he will be paid by someone unless his medical report is bad. If that is the case he might need to sign a one year prove it type of deal. Somehow I don't think it will be in between. If it is felt he can play, first Cincy won't cut him and second if they did he will get paid a lot.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in on a one year deal. I think he could be a mauler at RT. But I would still draft a RT in the mid rounds behind him for depth and to take over in 2020. Glenn did miss 3 games last year but it was his most healthy season in awhile. Overall I would rather not take on an injury prone player but the tackle market is thin and if Glenn can be had on an affordable one year deal then I wouldn't have an issue with it.