Would Cordy Glenn be an option in FA?

STL-Bills

If the Bengals were to cut Glenn (which I believe they can without suffering any cap penalties at this point) would you be interested in bringing him back? I'd be hesitant, but if the contract was reasonable I'd be happy to have him in the fold. Not sure if he could play RT, but I believe Dawkins could move there if necessary and be in the upper echelon of RT's in the league. Just a thought, Go Bills!

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not very well thought of in Cincy but is there anything out there about him potentially getting cut? Seems unlikely given that they gave up several slots in the draft to get him.

I haven't seen anything other than pure speculation, but if they are rebuilding I could certainly see them looking to save the 9MIL+ in cash they'll owe him each of the next two years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BBills88 said:

I would do it as long as the contract and his health is good.

My thought as well. He's a solid OT, and having depth there would be a huge plus. Obviously that's what everyone wants, and its been discussed ad nauseam, but I think Glenn is a better option than any of the players currently scheduled for FA at OT (I like Massie and James, but I think Glenn is a little better).

I would. At worst, he can be a backup tackle...and at best he can be a serviceable / decent starting RT. Good / average offensive lineman are HARD to find. 

14 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Not a process guy. Nothing on his twitter bio about faith or God.

Its sad to see such bitterness in people. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

I would do it as long as the contract and his health is good.

His health is never good, I would start fresh with somebody else in FA or the draft or both. Glenn was such a monster in college and played pretty good at the pro level but it looked like he lost a lot of his intensity each year he played in the NFL. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If he became available, absolutely.   The primary reason they traded him was to move up and get Allen.  I don't think any bridges were burned at all.                                   

I thought there was some talk that he was not engaged in his conditioning and rehab when he was here and milking an injury. I would have to search for that but I recall something along those lines.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought there was some talk that he was not engaged in his conditioning and rehab when he was here and milking an injury. I would have to search for that but I recall something along those lines.

I recall concern that his ankle/foot was not healing quickly.